Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Penn State game

God that northwestern loss was an absolute killer. We?d have a 2 game lead without that

Yeah if we win out we won't go to college football playoff. With only a Norte dame loss it's a different conversation.
I still don't think this team could really compete in the final 4, but I didn't think we'd beat penn state. So who knows

Yeah if we win out we won't go to college football playoff. With only a Norte dame loss it's a different conversation.
I still don't think this team could really compete in the final 4, but I didn't think we'd beat penn state. So who knows

Maybe, but who knows? If Clemson loses to another shit ACC team or the Big 12 beats itself up and has no conference champion that could boost a 2 loss big ten team in

back-to-back road games are tough to win.

in the back of my head, I dreaded seeing not just one, but two of them on our schedule this year, and both against teams we'd even struggle to beat at home (UW & PennSt).

so you guys have that going for you. it's almost like a free TD.

bump...

your team cannot compete in the Final 4. They couldn't even score a point against Alabama, and that was a much better MSU team.

good win today, but see my above post... you got PennSt at the right time, in the right place.

bump...

your team cannot compete in the Final 4. They couldn't even score a point against Alabama, and that was a much better MSU team.

good win today, but see my above post... you got PennSt at the right time, in the right place.

Penn State blew your chump asses out and so would we have if the rain didn't save you from the beating we were laying down on you.

Right time? Lol, PSU was ready and we are just a better team.

Penn State blew your chump asses out and so would we have if the rain didn't save you from the beating we were laying down on you.

Right time? Lol, PSU was ready and we are just a better team.

Cut him some slack. He's not familiar with how college football works. He's still stuck in the 90's.

bump...

Aren't you always complaining about MSU fans coming to the UM area (and call them trolls?) yet you do the same.

Great win! Next week will be tough but a lot more winnable than once thought. This team could be really good the next 2 years.

Aren't you always complaining about MSU fans coming to the UM area (and call them trolls?) yet you do the same.

I don't do that. other UM fans do though. I have no problem with people trolling us.

I don't view the internet as a private club; it's a public playground...

bump...

To an extent we did get them at the right time, after a tough loss, back to back road games, etc. Michigan did get them in happy valley coming off a bye so to some extent it's not who you play but when you play them. Coming from you, this sounds like a bit of UM fan rationalization of a MSU win, we did hold barkley to 60 some yards and we were able to move the ball well against them. We were the better team on Saturday

That MSU team in 2015 was a lot more talented, but I think that if we play Bama, we'd score points. It's not just a transitive argument, other teams, much worse than MSU can score points on Bama. I don't think we're a final four team but that's ok, we're playing a de facto title game for the big ten east on Saturday, I'm happy to be there on a team that plays 3 seniors.

To an extent we did get them at the right time, after a tough loss, back to back road games, etc. Michigan did get them in happy valley coming off a bye so to some extent it's not who you play but when you play them.

Luckily MSU didn't play Michigan after they had a bye week, that would have been a perfect time for them to beat us by at least a few touchdowns. Oh wait....

Luckily MSU didn't play Michigan after they had a bye week, that would have been a perfect time for them to beat us by at least a few touchdowns. Oh wait....

To be fair the rain cost them a win, after all, OKorn is such an elite passer and it only rained when Michigan had the football apparently

To be fair the rain cost them a win, after all, OKorn is such an elite passer and it only rained when Michigan had the football apparently

1st half score in good weather:
MSU 14 UM 3

2nd Half score in the rain
MSU 0 UM 7

"The rain cost us the win!!!" UM Fans

Only in the Maize and Blue fantasy land did the weather not help Michigan in that game more than it helped MSU. UM's only TD came off a muffed punt in the wind and rain that pinned us deep and then a terrible punt into the wind and rain gave them a 33 yard field to have to drive.

Good weather both halves and 28-10 or 31-13 would have been the likely final score.

I’m not gonna get on champ too bad. At least he didn’t go into hiding after the game like Vic.

Back