Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs MSU

I couldnt watch this game(could have). Im at work and I dont take losses well and I couldnt chance it. Fucking Awesome!!!

Michigan State's Miles Bridges on losing to Michigan: "We just gotta get tougher. It’s pretty simple. Teams are out-toughing us. ...That’s tough, especially to a school like that, that don’t even focus on [being tough]."

You know what man. Just accept that you lost and move on with some decency. Talking smack after you lose? Not a good look.

Michigan State's Miles Bridges on losing to Michigan: "We just gotta get tougher. It?s pretty simple. Teams are out-toughing us. ...That?s tough, especially to a school like that, that don?t even focus on [being tough]."

You know what man. Just accept that you lost and move on with some decency. Talking smack after you lose? Not a good look.

I didn't take it as a snub. Is it a false statement that Belein's teams aren't known for overwhelming physicality? He just admitted that his team got beat up and pushed around in their own house by a team not even known for it. The only shit he seems to be slinging is at his own team.

I didn't take it as a snub. Is it a false statement that Belein's teams aren't known for overwhelming physicality? He just admitted that his team got beat up and pushed around in their own house by a team not even known for it. The only shit he seems to be slinging is at his own team.

Eh, that's a pretty big dig IMO. He's trying to get his shots in about Michigan being soft after a loss.

Personally, and there is absolutely 0 evidence to back this, but I don't think Izzo does well with teams that are this loaded with talent. He always seems to get the most out of teams that have a few good pieces, but otherwise have to scrap for everything. Those are the teams that go far for him.

Great great job by the whole team and coaching staff today. They bounced back after a very tough loss and played well.

MSUs guards practically had a no-show today. Very surprised at that. I was also pleased that we were able to disrupt Ward's rhythm. I was worried he would abuse us down low. Jackson is a frickin beast. Very impressed with him. For as talented as Bridges is, I feel like he left some points on the floor today.

6-15 from three. Love that. The offense made much more of an effort to get to the rim today. Guys hit their free throws (except Simpson late), and we even picked up 11 offensive rebounds. Wagner MVP today. Outstanding! Go Blue!!

Huge road win, especially considering we wouldn't be able to reciprocate in A2.

Fixed that for ya.
It's actually Zavier now, but who really cares!

82-72. Boomshakalaka!

919a7278bb7d2b890e302cc392839d7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just got done watching the replay on fs2. Izzo is a fucking sore loser. Wanted nothing to do with the handshake with Beilein after the game. I hate that shit. It really bugs me when another coach blows off the other. Izzo is a cunt, straight up. If it wasnt for the missed 100 free throws at the end, they could've gotten the Spartan fans to leave much sooner. Great game. The Simpson floaters are falling more and more. He really helped kill Spartan comebacks when they went on mini runs. A guy like that is killer come tournament time.

Just got done watching the replay on fs2. Izzo is a fucking sore loser. Wanted nothing to do with the handshake with Beilein after the game. I hate that shit. It really bugs me when another coach blows off the other. Izzo is a cunt, straight up. If it wasnt for the missed 100 free throws at the end, they could've gotten the Spartan fans to leave much sooner. Great game. The Simpson floaters are falling more and more. He really helped kill Spartan comebacks when they went on mini runs. A guy like that is killer come tournament time.

I heard in his presser he was blaming Michigan upper classmen again like last season lol. I will have to confirm this but he does seem like a real sore loser sometimes. He gives a lot of credit to Simpson .Then I hear it. He does blame it on upper classmen somewhat late in the clip. He said other the Simpson who was a sophomore Michigan relied on juniors and seniors . I guess that is true somewhat with Wagner, maar. But isn't everyone else freshmen, and sophomores ?

http://www.detroitnews.com/videos/s.../01/13/msus-tom-izzo-loss-michigan/109427476/

Last edited:
That OSU loss....ugh that one really hurts. Michigan has an outside shot at a conference title if they keep playing like this and improving.

He's one of the best to ever coach the game. But damn, he does this more than he should. I can't stand the fact that he's "earned" the ability to basically cuss the refs out, get in their face and almost bump noses with them without so much as a warning.

He's one of the best to ever coach the game. But damn, he does this more than he should. I can't stand the fact that he's "earned" the ability to basically cuss the refs out, get in their face and almost bump noses with them without so much as a warning.

wait, I didn't see what happened. did he not shake Beilein's hand at all, or just looked pissed off doing it?

wait, I didn't see what happened. did he not shake Beilein's hand at all, or just looked pissed off doing it?

Eh, it wasn't HORRIBLE, it was a quick shake and a word. I didn't really expect a big embrace.

I'm just talking more of his general attitude on the court.

I said all week that Michigan's only chance to win was if Teddy V came back...He did, but he didn't seem to do that bad of a job. I guess Izzo and Spartan fans might disagree, though.

I said all week that Michigan's only chance to win was if Teddy V came back...He did, but he didn't seem to do that bad of a job. I guess Izzo and Spartan fans might disagree, though.

Officiating was fine honestly. One or two that had some beef, but otherwise thought it was fair.

Pure domination. I hate Michigan but Beleins offense is beautiful. I can?t begin to imagine what he would do with the players that MSU has. Well done!

JB would probably lose more. Sometimes it takes more to win games than to get 5* recruits to come to your school.

I said all year that, yes, the Spartans were talented, but they are all very young.

I heard in his presser he was blaming Michigan upper classmen again like last season lol. I will have to confirm this but he does seem like a real sore loser sometimes. He gives a lot of credit to Simpson .Then I hear it. He does blame it on upper classmen somewhat late in the clip. He said other the Simpson who was a sophomore Michigan relied on juniors and seniors . I guess that is true somewhat with Wagner, maar. But isn't everyone else freshmen, and sophomores ?

http://www.detroitnews.com/videos/s.../01/13/msus-tom-izzo-loss-michigan/109427476/

Yeah, he talked about how only 2 guys beat them, Simpson and Wagner...ehh the whole team beat you, Tom

then he blamed the refs...

what a joke!

Last edited:
Back