Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Stafford is a stud. Too bad it took people 9 yrs to figure it out

Probably the 3rd best qb in the division.... what kind of an award do you get for that?

Probably the 3rd best qb in the division.... what kind of an award do you get for that?

You're on crack if you think Cousins is better than Stafford. He's easily the 2nd best QB in that division and it isn't even debatable. Then you throw out the word "probably"? Meaning Trubisky might be better? Wow dude...lol.
He's no worse than the 6th best QB in the NFL now but this retard fanbase can't handle it lol. Fkn pathetic

Last edited:
You're on crack if you think Cousins is better than Stafford. He's easily the 2nd best QB in that division and it isn't even debatable. Then you throw out the word "probably"? Meaning Trubisky might be better? Wow dude...lol.
He's no worse than the 6th best QB in the NFL now but this retard fanbase can't handle it lol. Fkn pathetic

I'm guessing probably was meaning it is close between him and cousins. So he was saying Stafford is probably the 3rd best, but could be second. At least that is how I took it.

And why is it not even debatable, they are remarkably close in stats since Cousins became a starter (Past 3 seasons).
Cousins has more yards, better completion %, better YPA and better QB rating
Stafford has more TDs and less ints

Neither have had much for rushing help, very similar YPA, which equates to about cousins getting 6 more yards a game on the ground if your normalize their attempts.
This is as close to debatable as you get.

Last edited:
I'm guessing probably was meaning it is close between him and cousins. So he was saying Stafford is probably the 3rd best, but could be second. At least that is how I took it.

And why is it not even debatable, they are remarkably close in stats since Cousins became a starter (Past 3 seasons).
Cousins has more yards, better completion %, better YPA and better QB rating
Stafford has more TDs and less ints

Neither have had much for rushing help, very similar YPA, which equates to about cousins getting 6 more yards a game on the ground if your normalize their attempts.
This is as close to debatable as you get.

So, people are putting Kirk Cousins in the top 5 now? No, they're not lol. Cousins is NOT the caliber of QB Stafford is. No thank you!! And i'll take any RB the Redskins have had in the last 3 yrs over the pure trash Stafford has had to put up with. Sorry! Until prople start talking about Cousins being a potential top 5 QB then this isn't even debatable

Cousins hasn't proven anything yet. And as far as others who disagree, neither has Matt. And if you go strictly stats they're similar last 3 seasons. Intangibles, like team record - playoffs - similar as well. It's crazy to think Cousins is better but it's crazy to think Matt is better as well.

Cousins hasn't proven anything yet. And as far as others who disagree, neither has Matt. And if you go strictly stats they're similar last 3 seasons. Intangibles, like team record - playoffs - similar as well. It's crazy to think Cousins is better but it's crazy to think Matt is better as well.

You're beyond delusional ....lol. wow

You're beyond delusional ....lol. wow

And you're overly team homer. And if Cousins does well and maybe wins a playoff games or wins the division you'll just say because they have a better team. Always an excuse. We we have young QB in the NFL or career backups winning playoff games and yet here we are .. "Our team sucks, but Matt's great." We win, it's all Matt. We lose it's the team. Can't be a stud if you have no playoff wins on your resume. Might as well be Andy Dalton.

So, people are putting Kirk Cousins in the top 5 now? No, they're not lol. Cousins is NOT the caliber of QB Stafford is. No thank you!! And i'll take any RB the Redskins have had in the last 3 yrs over the pure trash Stafford has had to put up with. Sorry! Until prople start talking about Cousins being a potential top 5 QB then this isn't even debatable

And Washington would take our WRs without question the past 3 years.
Sadly they may take our defense.

They are close, that doesn't mean Stafford sucks. Cousins is a solid QB too.

I'm not sure if you are basing Stafford being a top 5 QB based off the opinion of a Lions blog writer.But that really isn't an unbiased source.

cousins has better stats with less to work with. Stafford is a better talent. Who's 2 and who's 3 is definitely debatable.

And Washington would take our WRs without question the past 3 years.
Sadly they may take our defense.

They are close, that doesn't mean Stafford sucks. Cousins is a solid QB too.

I'm not sure if you are basing Stafford being a top 5 QB based off the opinion of a Lions blog writer.But that really isn't an unbiased source.

Cousins pretty good. Stafford is better...

And I don't need a Lions blog writer to tell me how good #9 is. Stafford is a top 5 QB in this league and getting better. Everyone is taking note. You choose not to...

cousins has better stats with less to work with. Stafford is a better talent. Who's 2 and who's 3 is definitely debatable.

Less to work with? Lol.

WRs - Lions
TEs - Redskins
RBs - lol...Redskins

Lions have more weapons? Explain please...

Last edited:
Cousins pretty good. Stafford is better...

And I don't need a Lions blog writer to tell me how good #9 is. Stafford is a top 5 QB in this league and getting better. Everyone is taking note. You choose not to...

Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. It's not ever close. After that you have a bunch of people you can win with. there isn't a lot that separates 4-10. They are up and down players where you wouldn't be surprised if any of them had a better year in 2018.

Last edited:
Detroit 31 in rushing, Washington 28. Which is hardly a lol. Top TE '17 for each team, Ebron less yards but more TD's. Hardly convincing one way or the other.

Last edited:
Back