Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Question for Mitch...

Thumb

...since he seems to be the king of TPS/RPG games.

Origin has the Mass Effect Trilogy on sale right now for $14.99 so since I have never played, I'm wondering is it worth it to get all 3, or just get ME3 for $5.99?

When they are on sale, individually they are $4.49 for ME1, $5.99 for ME2, and $5.99 for ME3. Regular price is $14.99 for ME1, and $19.99 each for ME2 and ME3.

I know it's popular, but I have never played it, so I'm curious is all 3 are worth it or just stick to the latest, which is probably the most polished of the 3 I'm guessing?; or do I need to play 1 and 2 to get an understanding of the story? The only drawback being they are digital downloads, so all 3 would be a good chunk of HDD, that would be a pain to remove and re-download later if I wanted to. (like I cant remove 1 or 3 without removing 2 also)

No GTA V until January 27, so I'm looking for something to do in my free time between once the Tigers are done for the year, and GTA V.

And while I'm asking Mitch directly, if anyone else wants to chime in that's cool.

I would have chimed in, but since it is a question for Mitch, I decided to mind my own business, and didn't click on the link.

But if you need something to occupy your time assuming the end of the Tigers season is nigh, you could watch Red Wings hockey and Pistons basketball.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 were both very good, imo. Opened ended games with many hours of play time. I never played the first..3 makes more sense if you've played 2. At least I think so..

That's cheap..I'd go for it.

Last edited:
Is that $14.99 or $5.99 every time you play the games, or is the total cost to get the thing $14.99 or $5.99?

Yeah really, I'm offended I didn't get asked :/ I live and breathe RPGs lol.

ME is an incredible series. I've always been a trekkie, sci-fy type guy, and it's perfect. You will make some really hard decisions along the way, you can choose it to play however you want.

For me, ME2 was the best game by far. The one big drawback with ME1 were the planets and looking for resources. 2 and 3 handled it a lot better. In ME1, you get on the land cruiser, drive around basically a barren planet. It didn't fit well with the game, and it was eliminated afterwards. I would recommend playing the game on hard, medium doesn't offer much of a challenge.

ME is an incredible series. I've always been a trekkie, sci-fy type guy, and it's perfect. You will make some really hard decisions along the way, you can choose it to play however you want.

For me, ME2 was the best game by far. The one big drawback with ME1 were the planets and looking for resources. 2 and 3 handled it a lot better. In ME1, you get on the land cruiser, drive around basically a barren planet. It didn't fit well with the game, and it was eliminated afterwards. I would recommend playing the game on hard, medium doesn't offer much of a challenge.

When I'm looking for a challenge, I just go out naked in the mountain/forests.

Is that $14.99 or $5.99 every time you play the games, or is the total cost to get the thing $14.99 or $5.99?

That is the cost of a digital copy of the game that you own, tied to your Origin account. The same as buying from a store minus the actual physical disk.

So you can download as many times as you like, on as many devices, as long as you use that Origin account, it's your property forever.

I asked Mitch because he's the guy who hates FPS but loves TPS. So I figured this would be in his wheelhouse.

That is the cost of a digital copy of the game that you own, tied to your Origin account. The same as buying from a store minus the actual physical disk.

So you can download as many times as you like, on as many devices, as long as you use that Origin account, it's your property forever.

And so...this is an important nine dollar decision?

I probably spend nine dollars every time I use toilet paper.

Just spend the extra nine bucks, and get 'em all.

You live in the freakin' woods, and you mow your own lawn, so your overhead is probably pretty low; you seem pretty smart and my guess is you make reasonably good dough.

I think you probably have the money.

Meantime...the Tigers are looking pretty well fucked.

Nelson Cruz again, sonovabitch...

Last edited:
These open ended games R always nice. Granted these are on cheap but it's much better than a game that only gives you 10-12 hours. I like to do it all and the first time I played ME2, I got in over 100 hours.. definitely get your money's worth.

Last edited:
It's gold laced.

Hmm...I presume that's just for show then. Gold micro- or nanofiber laced TP might have desirable thermal properties, but I doubt it. Now silver...if you lace your TP with silver nanofibers, you'd have anti-microbial TP. I'm skeptical of the utility of anti-microbial TP, but that won't stop marketing from running with the concept.

Last edited:
Back