Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coaching Changes

Polish-Hammer

Dallas
Lindy Ruff will not be extended, contract expires end of season. Looks like Ruff is the fall guy for a poor season in Dallas.

Goligoski's trading rights were traded to Arizona. Signed a 27.375 million deal over 5 season. Had 36 points from the blue line this season.

Nichushkin was unhappy with his playing him and signed a 2 year deal with CSKA Moscow of the KHL. Nichuskin has 29 points in 79 games the previous season.

Mattias Janmark spent the entire season recovering from knee surgery. He has 29 points in 73 games during his rookie season.

Jason Demers left as a free agent signing a 22.5 million deal over 5 seasons with Florida.

Ie. Florida lost a pair of top 4 D, and two promising forwards who could help provide offence on the 2nd/3rd lines. Worst of all was the goaltending which Dallas is currently considerably overpaying. They brought in Hamhuis in the offseason but he is nowhere near as good as he used to be.

Also was signed to bolster the offence but missed most the season with illness. Sharp was also gone for almost 3 games.

Bright spots were Faksa and Shore having 33 points each during their first full campaign. The big emphasis for Dallas is improving goaltending and defence. Return of Janmark can cover the likely departure of Sharp in the offseason. Hemsky also played just 15 games.

Florida
Tom Rowe (than GM) fired Gallant early in season and tookover coaching duties. Florida missed the playoffs, Rowe was removed from position as coach/GM.

Dave Tallon was reinstated as the GM, after 1 year removed.
Gallant had an 11-9-1 record before he got sacked. 91/103 points the previous two seasons in Florida.

Vancouver
Willie Desjardins removed. Can't really blame him too much considering the roster he had to coach. He was previously the coach for Texas Stars of the AHL, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he was shortlisted for that vacancy.

Wow that is BONKERS!

http://www.tsn.ca/kings-fire-sutter-lombardi-promote-robitaille-blake-1.721029

Sutter and Lombardi gone from LA. Talk about a reactionary move!

Rob Blake will be the GM/VP
Luc Robitaille will be the President

Imagine if Detroit pulled off something like that.

LA was great defensively, they just couldn't get any support in the goal department. There was a mere 6 goal difference between LA and Detroit... Detroit was team with more goals!

I wonder when Barry Melrose will decide to join the NHL coaching ranks again.

I wonder when Barry Melrose will decide to join the NHL coaching ranks again.

After his disaster in Tampa? Never.

Even when he was an analyst for NHL network he just spewed verbal dhiaria.

I was kidding. I figured that would be plain to recognize. I'll be an NHL coach before BM.

You never know... Don Cherry is still riding his reputation from the 70s when he's proved at the junior level he is a terrible coach.

His record from 2001-2 for his own team the Missisauga Icedogs:

Wins: 11
Losses: 47
Ties: 6
Overtime Losses: 4

Record of a legendary coach. He even lifted his foreign player ban for his coaching tenure.

You never know... Don Cherry is still riding his reputation from the 70s when he's proved at the junior level he is a terrible coach.

His record from 2001-2 for his own team the Missisauga Icedogs:

Wins: 11
Losses: 47
Ties: 6
Overtime Losses: 4

Record of a legendary coach. He even lifted his foreign player ban for his coaching tenure.

I though that the "will decide" was somewhat of a giveaway.

Back