Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Give Stafford health and average proper support, he'll be top 5 with Cooter.

Hey look everyone....LKP finally admits the support is below average! Take it from him...he knows the best! Lions are a below average team....says LKP.

You're such a tool lol. Dude, you're in slow motion. You're ahead of nobody. Keep deflecting....it's the only thing you're good at....

I haven't heard one good point from you about why he deserves a top ten rating except the Players said he is.. At least try and discuss his merits. Other than ?I'm right, you're wrong."

Hey look everyone....LKP finally admits the support is below average! Take it from him...he knows the best! Lions are a below average team....says LKP.

Injuries. Top running back 4 of 6 sessons for 11+ games.

good weapons but drops (was better in 2014 and 2015)

Good defenses but plenty of injuries in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016. 2011 last 7

Insane weapons injuries in 2012 and 2013. Young, broyles, burleson, pettigrew, some Calvin 2013

Stafford injuries in 2011 and 2016

Lombardi was garbage and caused protection problems with solid oline

Caldwell and cooter made him elite qb. Stafford was good 2011-2014

Last edited:
I haven't heard one good point from you about why he deserves a top ten rating except the Players said he is.. At least try and discuss his merits. Other than ?I'm right, you're wrong."

I have backed up Stafford for 9 fkn yrs on these boards lol. I'm exhausted trying to convince you retards that he's not the problem. Now, he's finally getting the recognition from the league and the players and my points aren't good enough?? Go away, man lol. It's not up to me to try and convince a moron that Stafford is a top QB in this league anymore.

Not unless that rd 3 pick is some sort of down field savior.... Marvin Jones can't get off the ball consistently enough to be a downfield threat.

That may be true about Jones, but we all know there were OLine issues in protecting Stafford at a consistent level. Bringing in Lang, Wagner and Robinson should give Staff better protection. Therefore, letting our deep play guys like Jones and Golladay to get downfield more often. Even guys like Ebron can spread the field....:cheers:

That may be true about Jones, but we all know there were OLine issues in protecting Stafford at a consistent level. Bringing in Lang, Wagner and Robinson should give Staff better protection. Therefore, letting our deep play guys like Jones and Golladay to get downfield more often. Even guys like Ebron can spread the field....:cheers:

Ya maybe Y4MUN can learn a new route other than his standard 3 yard speed out. Only took him half a decade :D

Not unless that rd 3 pick is some sort of down field savior.... Marvin Jones can't get off the ball consistently enough to be a downfield threat.

It absolutely baffles me that we don't get Stafford a true home run threat. Here's a guy that has one of the top 5 arms in NFL history and we don't even get him an option.

It's been that way for 3 years......just blows my mind. I'm not talking a superstar.....but a Phillip Dorsett or Tyreke Hill type that just adds a dimension to the offense we simply don't have.

It absolutely baffles me that we don't get Stafford a true home run threat. Here's a guy that has one of the top 5 arms in NFL history and we don't even get him an option.

It's been that way for 3 years......just blows my mind. I'm not talking a superstar.....but a Phillip Dorsett or Tyreke Hill type that just adds a dimension to the offense we simply don't have.

There's a reason he throws short passes and it's not because we don't have down field threats, it's because his accuracy is a bit off at the longer distances.. He's just not good at it. CJ was speedy and he became a mid level threat over the years..

If by top 5 arms, you mean strongest, that's possible true, he has a strong arm.

If by top 5 arms, you mean best, well I don't know how anyone watching him can think that.

He's the long drive guy. Fun to watch it go, but probably not going to hit the fairway.

322 of the 711 yards was passes thrown over 10 yards. Runs plenty of routes

Top 5 arms in NFL history???

At this risk of sounding like a slappy, I'd certainly say it's debatable at the very least. Dude has a cannon. My anti slappy argument would be that while he has an amazing arm, we've all bitched at some point about his lack of touch on deep balls.

Last edited:
He's going to get a pretty healthy paycheck for a guy that barely cracks the top 10 on the QB list. :-/

Seems to be about the same year after year according to the talking heads. It's going to take at least two postseason wins and an improvement of his horrendous record vs. over .500 teams on the road to move up this list.

He's going to get a pretty healthy paycheck for a guy that barely cracks the top 10 on the QB list. :-/

Seems to be about the same year after year according to the talking heads. It's going to take at least two postseason wins and an improvement of his horrendous record vs. over .500 teams on the road to move up this list.

Worked for Andrew Luck.

Back