Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Darius Slay makes the Pro Bowl

Should injuries be graded? They might effect someone's grade but it's still their grade..

Yes it's their grade but it's a legit reason why someone would play more poorly than they normally do

Wr is more about separation and catch and yac and making people miss. Qb is about reads and accuracy

Qb is way too complicated to be graded

It's not about Stafford poor grade. They graded him well in 2013 and you all hated Stafford 2013 the most

Other positions you can grade

Injuries aren't factored in either. For any position

all positions can be graded. It's not perfect with any of them...but it can be done.

all positions can be graded. It's not perfect with any of them...but it can be done.

They can. But pff doesn't have enough information to PROPERLY grade a qb. Game tape alone is not sufficient for qb. Other positions, game tape is enough

They can. But pff doesn't have enough information to PROPERLY grade a qb. Game tape alone is not sufficient for qb. Other positions, game tape is enough

yet you think you have a handle on it

:tup:

Do I have grades?

they are comparing QBs based on performance. You do the same. You claim Stafford is the best QB in the NFL. You must have some kind of baseline or grading system to establish this opinion.

Yes it's their grade but it's a legit reason why someone would play more poorly than they normally do

Sure but how do we compare an ankle to a shoulder to a finger etc.?

Sure but how do we compare an ankle to a shoulder to a finger etc.?

Any injury can reduce performance. PFF doesn't take that into account. They just give a poor grade with no explanation

they are comparing QBs based on performance. You do the same. You claim Stafford is the best QB in the NFL. You must have some kind of baseline or grading system to establish this opinion.

Stafford is an elite QB. He plays at an elite level. It's obvious

Any injury can reduce performance. PFF doesn't take that into account. They just give a poor grade with no explanation

Of course they don't. Otherwise, it would be subjective as hell. How do you rate one injury as more important than another. A slight hamstring pull is not nearly as important to Matthew Stafford as it would be to Russell Wilson, Cam Newton or Marcus Mariota.

I think Stafford had a pro bowl caliber year, but if he doesn't make the Pro bowl that's fine. Other guys have had great years as well. I do think Quin should have made it regardless and even though we know how good Jamal Agnew is? I don't see a problem with Pharaoh Cooper getting the nod. He is been really good as well.

I didn't realize how good Legatron has been this year! He deserves it over Prater.

I didn't realize how good Legatron has been this year! He deserves it over Prater.

Did you make that up or hear it some where? Legatron? Lol. Not as good as Dropimus Prime but sill pretty good.

Last edited:
Tell us all again how "mediocre at best" Slay is. I'm dying to hear the analysis.

Is that a "no" 909.......no analysis on why you think Slay is mediocre at best? Do you always just make outlandish statements with nothing to back it up??

Pathetic.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...er-quin-pro-bowl-voting-after-snub/971204001/

accurate

popularity of team, damn right that's a huge factor. everybody already knows that Quin, the Lions have no respect and most fans aren't motivated to vote that's what happens after decades of ineptitude

Did anyone here vote, I didn't.

I didn't read all of that but his reasoning makes no sense. He mentions "I had 3 INT." Is that the deciding factor on a good or bad safety? Plus he mentions the other three but don't mention why he should be ahead of them (Again I didn't read it all).

Though I'v always said players will vote for their boys. Not any different than fans voting for whoever, higher profile team maybe.

I didn't vote either. I'm not sure I ever voted for a pro bowl..

Last edited:
I didn't read all of that but his reasoning makes no sense. He mentions "I had 3 INT." Is that the deciding factor on a good or bad safety? Plus he mentions the other three but don't mention why he should be ahead of them (Again I didn't read it all).

Though I'v always said players will vote for their boys. Not any different than fans voting for whoever, higher profile team maybe.

I didn't vote either. I'm not sure I ever voted for a pro bowl..

You have no right to vote. You don't watch....

Back