Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rich Rod fired.

When I saw this thread I thought his firing was because he wasn't winning enough, but I can see why accusations of fostering a hostile work environment would be a reason.

Twitter reporting he was notified by email that Arizona was buying out his outcontracr

Rich Rod sure sounds sanctimonious. . He vehemently denies allegations and his written statement said the women is going after money . The more I read it off the TV the more weird it sounds. Yeah he is innocent until proven Guilty but this strong of a denial makes me feel like he is hiding something..

Rich Rod sure sounds sanctimonious. . He vehemently denies allegations and his written statement said the women is going after money . The more I read it off the TV the more weird it sounds. Yeah he is innocent until proven Guilty but this strong of a denial makes me feel like he is hiding something..

He says he passed a polygraph as part of the investigation and Arizona also says the firing was due to something else uncovered in the investigation (presumably the infidelity RR has tweeted about) and not the sexual harassment accusations. Of course,Arizona has a legal reason to be motivated to see things that way...

Yeah, how ridiculous of a school not to prioritize winning football games above all else.

He was not found guilty of anything, so yeah, this is pretty stupid of them. If he was found guilty of the accusations, he doesnt get his buy out. He got his buy out.

He was not found guilty of anything, so yeah, this is pretty stupid of them. If he was found guilty of the accusations, he doesnt get his buy out. He got his buy out.

Not found guilty...? By who? Judge Judy?

He hasn't been charged with any crime.

Getting "cleared" by an attorney or law firm you're paying for doesn't mean shit. Of course they're going to come out and clear their own clients. See for another example, the MSU thread on Larry Nasser. The same thing happened there.

I'm guessing in this case, UA only hired the law firm to "clear" RR insofar as he was part of the institution and they're covering their own ass. But in reality, they found enough sleazy behavior on his part to decide keeping him around wasn't worth the risk, especially in the current climate.

Not found guilty...? By who? Judge Judy?

He hasn't been charged with any crime.

Getting "cleared" by an attorney or law firm you're paying for doesn't mean shit. Of course they're going to come out and clear their own clients. See for another example, the MSU thread on Larry Nasser. The same thing happened there.

I'm guessing in this case, UA only hired the law firm to "clear" RR insofar as he was part of the institution and they're covering their own ass. But in reality, they found enough sleazy behavior on his part to decide keeping him around wasn't worth the risk, especially in the current climate.

I didn't read the cheating part. Now Im open to letting him go, because his private life could be influencing his work life. Although cheating shouldn't be grounds for firing, they possibly were staring at Bobby Petrino levels of sleazy. Decided to cut it off before it happened.

Did everyone read ML's link? I don't think it's the cheating. The cheating is a red herring.

$7.5 million, jeeze, I should sue the women in the jail where I work. I'm harassed every day of my life, there, lol.

Back