Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

If the Lions could get Bell...wow. Can't even imagine it happening.

14 or 15 per. Would be crazy money for a rb. He is wanting huge money.

Lions have the space for it. Can still make it a smart contract with some fluff

I would like to get him just to see if it's actually a running back problem or the blocking/scheme

Don't want a Demarco Murray eagles situation though

That would be nuts lol. We can only dream, right?! We got the money though and Big Ben could retire. Yaaaa never know lol.
Definitely need to drop some coin tho. Ansah, Ebron and Tate all coming up $$ as well. Some big decisions....

I say pass on Ansah at the tag price. He either comes on a one-year "prove it" deal, or let him walk.

He's an excellent player, but thus far what he's really proven is he doesn't stay healthy. 12 sacks is awesome... except that 9 of them came in three games, and three of them came in 11 games.

He hasn't shown me the consistency to be given 17 million.

I say pass on Ansah at the tag price. He either comes on a one-year "prove it" deal, or let him walk.

He's an excellent player, but thus far what he's really proven is he doesn't stay healthy. 12 sacks is awesome... except that 9 of them came in three games, and three of them came in 11 games.

No way he signs a one yr deal unless he's getting tagged.

Big DT might help his numbers..

Ansahs problem is injury

12 sacks in 47 percent of defensive snaps..healthy and 75 percent and imagine what he could do

Ansahs problem is injury

12 sacks in 47 percent of defensive snaps..healthy and 75 percent and imagine what he could do

That's a significant problem. There's a reason I can give you list upon list of athletes that just never lived up to their potential because they can't stay healthy. Once, twice, that's unfortunate. Once someone becomes injury-prone, it changes the conversation.

Last edited:
Tag is one year. Tag>long term for injured a lot

Stafford was hurt a lot. How did that turn out.

Ansah finally healthy at end and you saw what he can do. Dominate

Tag him

I see it as a fairly simple decision...

Will the Lions have better DEs without Ansah when the alternatives are a weaker FA market or a rookie? I don't think so

Can the Lions afford the tag? Yes

Do we want Ansah here long term? I think that's yet to be determined considering his injury history

Will one year be enough to determine whether Ansah is worth re-signing or not? I would say yes

If Ansah plays well, the Lions benefit in 2018 and will have a tougher decision to make going forward. If Ansah sucks, they can say goodbye and move on without a problem, with the trade-off of less cap space in 2018.

I hope they spend a high pick on DE in the upcoming draft, but I don't think that pick should be relied upon to make the line better in 2018.

Last edited:
I see it as a fairly simple decision...

Will the Lions have better DEs without Ansah when the alternatives are a weaker FA market or a rookie? I don't think so

Can the Lions afford the tag? Yes

Do we want Ansah here long term? I think that's yet to be determined considering his injury history

Will one year be enough to determine whether Ansah is worth re-signing or not? I would say yes

If Ansah plays well, the Lions benefit in 2018 and will have a tougher decision to make going forward. If Ansah sucks, they can say goodbye and move on without a problem, with the trade-off of less cap space in 2018.

I hope they spend a high pick on DE in the upcoming draft, but I don't think that pick should be relied upon to make the line better in 2018.

Then a question, not sure what the tag amount is, but is it worth spending that much for 13 games and inconsistent play. He disappears for chunks at a time.

Some nice cheap 3-4 pieces available:
Courtney Upshaw
Kony Ealy
Ahmad Brooks

Payne ngata/robinson upshaw
Ansah brooks davis ealy

I just fixed the front 7. Let me know when you want me to be gm...

Last edited:
Then a question, not sure what the tag amount is, but is it worth spending that much for 13 games and inconsistent play. He disappears for chunks at a time.

Unfortunately they might have to spend it. This team has no backup plan, they screwed themselves into this.

Some nice cheap 3-4 pieces available:
Courtney Upshaw
Kony Ealy
Ahmad Brooks

Payne ngata/robinson upshaw
Ansah brooks davis ealy

I just fixed the front 7. Let me know when you want me to be gm...

Ealy and upshaw dont fix anything..brooks is olb not ilb and very old

Back