Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs MSU

JB would probably lose more. Sometimes it takes more to win games than to get 5* recruits to come to your school.

I said all year that, yes, the Spartans were talented, but they are all very young.

I don't think the young excuse flies with MSU this season. They are losing Bridges and Jackson. Those two guys alone are enough to probably get you to the F4. If he doesn't win a natty this year, I don't know if he'll ever get his 2nd.

I don't think the young excuse flies with MSU this season. They are losing Bridges and Jackson. Those two guys alone are enough to probably get you to the F4. If he doesn't win a natty this year, I don't know if he'll ever get his 2nd.

I don't think of it as an excuse, but their entire starting 5 consists of freshmen and sophomores.

Izzo thinks it is an excuse, though.

There is obviously something wrong with that team. Maybe there is more to winning than to just land a bunch of 5 star recruits and throw them out on the floor...

I don't think of it as an excuse, but their entire starting 5 consists of freshmen and sophomores.

Izzo thinks it is an excuse, though.

There is obviously something wrong with that team. Maybe there is more to winning than to just land a bunch of 5 star recruits and throw them out on the floor...

Well, it is college basketball in 2018. Freshman and sophomore filled teams are not really a surprise anymore.

The cbssports write-up of the game makes their struggles a little clearer:

Michigan State (16-3, 4-2 Big Ten) has an offensive-turnover percentage of 19.7, which means the Spartans give the ball away basically one out of every five possessions. That ranks 224th in the nation. And it's the main reason No. 4 Michigan State lost Saturday. The Spartans committed 18 turnovers in the game. The Wolverines (15-4, 4-2 ) committed just seven. It led to Michigan attempting 12 more shots than Michigan State, which is why the Wolverines won easily despite shooting a lower percentage than Michigan State.​

seems like watching tape, figuring out why their TOs are happening, and focusing on that in practice would go a long way to fixing their problems.

they kinda look like a Brady Hoke coached team in a way. one big thing wrong that no one on the staff has any idea how to fix. for Hoke it was negative yardage plays. for them it's TOs.

In Hoke's case, it was clear he was just a sloppy guy. I don't know if that's Izzo's problem as well now, or if he's just recruited some uncoachable players, or has too many egos that don't play well together.

Either way: HA HA.

The announcers were saying that Beilein had a plan to double team Ward. Beilein stressed to his players that Ward freaks out and makes bad decisions when the double team comes. He was right.

As far as Izzo, I used to respect the guy. He is one of the best come tournament time, especially when his team is sucking down the stretch. Every time Michigan wins, he complains and gives excuses. He never did this in his early years that I can remember. He was just a coach that got it done. Yesterday, every coach from the Spartans looked JB in the eye and shook his hand. Izzo had a quick shake and blew right by. I don't expect them to sit there and chat like best buds, but usually with a shake there are more than two words and sometimes a pat on the back. Win or lose JB is always the same. Izzo, also, used to be gracious. Now, he's a big bag of butthurt.

I don't know if Izzo has gotten worse; his job definitely got more stressful when our probation ended and Beilein came to Ann Arbor. so there's that.

maybe he feels he needs another title to cement his legacy, or something? If that's the case, he's not going to get it by freaking out and bouncing around like an angry midget. no one wants to play for a guy like that.

Back