Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

The Republican party has been a cluster fuck for quite some time.

The anti-establishment candidate is now the president - can't get much more establishment than that.

I also don't really know what the Republican anti-establishment is either.

Sounds to me like nothing, or not much changing.

it has been - only the Dems have been more of an inept clown brigade.

Again, in my opinion, there are a lot more Republicans who won't fall inline to protect bad actors that might be outed by the release of the document(s). I would be really surprised to see Trey Gowdy tolerate let alone defend any blatant law breaking by Republicans. Same with guys like Jim Jordan. I'm not that familiar with the Freedom or Liberty Caucus but I suspect several of them wouldn't mind turning their backs on some of the party leaders.

I'm not saying it will be all-out rebellion, just that Dems will be more united in defending their bad actors - just look at how septuagenarian loon bag, corrupt hypocrite Bernie Sanders caved in and got in line behind the most corrupt person to run for President in my lifetime AFTER she rigged the primary against him.

Last edited:
it has been - only the Dems have been more of an inept clown brigade.

Again, in my opinion, there are a lot more Republicans who won't fall inline to protect bad actors that might be outed by the release of the document(s). I would be really surprised to see Trey Gowdy tolerate let alone defend any blatant law breaking by Republicans. Same with guys like Jim Jordan. I'm not that familiar with the Freedom or Liberty Caucus but I wouldn't mind turning their backs on some of the party leaders.

Even if a few Republicans end up circling their own wagon not as much Democrats might circle theirs, I see the Republicans also in general circling their own wagon, just like you said; I see it being enough to protect the wagon.

I also see bi-partisan ass covering - something you pointed out also, in a post where you calculated that deals are likely to be made to take the heat off the culpable.

The cynic in me sees a lot of the conflict between the two parties in Washington as a big Kabuki dance to distract us from the reality that all they want to do really is get re-elected and keep their elite pampered status - Republicans and Democrats both. And once they're on the Hill, they really don't mind helping each other out to stay there.

Even if a few Republicans end up circling their own wagon not as much Democrats might circle theirs, I see the Republicans also in general circling their own wagon, just like you said; I see it being enough to protect the wagon.

I also see bi-partisan ass covering - something you pointed out also, in a post where you calculated that deals are likely to be made to take the heat off the culpable.

The cynic in me sees a lot of the conflict between the two parties in Washington as a big Kabuki dance to distract us from the reality that all they want to do really is get re-elected and keep their elite pampered status - Republicans and Democrats both. And once they're on the Hill, they really don't mind helping each other out to stay there.

you very well could be right - and we may never know. I do hope though that more Rs like Gowdy, Jordan, etc get elected and jackasses like McConnell, Peter King, McCain, etc get primaried or just fade away.

you very well could be right - and we may never know. I do hope though that more Rs like Gowdy, Jordan, etc get elected and jackasses like McConnell, Peter King, McCain, etc get primaried or just fade away.

I'm also thinking about the Clintons and Trump themselves - the shit they've gotten away with all their lives-you couldn't sell their stories to Hollywood.

At this point I don't see why anything would change.

I'm also thinking about the Clintons and Trump themselves - the shit they've gotten away with all their lives-you couldn't sell their stories to Hollywood.

At this point I don't see why anything would change.

why? c'mon dude, has it been that long?

hope_02-723742.jpg

So Republicans apparently voted against reading the contents of that classified FISA document....lolz.

f1d0de131fc88ddbae64fe5dd74abc9f.jpg

So Republicans apparently voted against reading the contents of that classified FISA document....lolz.

Do you have a link? All I've seen is that the House Intel Committee declined FBI Director Christopher Wray?s ?personal appeal? to review the memo. Seems reasonable that the Committee wouldn't want the FBI vetting a memo critical of the FBI.

The DOJ is criticizing House Republicans for not allowing DOJ to review the anti-FBI memo. I don't know if that's related to the same action or if House Intel Committee is denying the FBI and other DOJ officials separate requests to review the document.

I haven't seen anything about a "vote against reading the contents..."

I thought all you righty's would all be happy that the memo was released today ?

A whole lot of nothing !!!

Nunes: “I haven’t read the applications, but THIS IS EXPLOSIVE!!!”

Gowdy: “I have read the applications, and this is all bullshit. Oh, also, I quit.”

You, sir, are whistling past the graveyard.

"If all this is not a scandal ? then the following protocols are now considered permissible in American electoral practice and constitutional jurisprudence: An incumbent administration can freely use the FBI and the DOJ to favor one side in a presidential election, by buying its opposition research against the other candidate, using its own prestige to authenticate such a third-party oppositional dossier, and then using it to obtain court-ordered wiretaps on American citizens employed by a candidate?s campaign ? and do so by deliberately misleading the court about the origins and authors of the dossier that was used to obtain the warrants."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/456084/nunes-memo-fbi-doj-corruption-ticking-memo

lol....I can link to super biased sites too:

Now that Nunes’ big Trump-Russia memo was a poorly received box office failure, he’s not smart enough to take a hint and go away. Instead he’s already working multiple sequels. That’s right, Nunes is vowing to write more memos, according to a CNN report (link). Why? Because he’s too dumb to know that he’s dumb. He doesn’t get that his memo was a catastrophic failure because he’s incapable of such things. He seems to think that if he just tries again with another memo, he’ll get it right next week, or the week after that. And so we get to do this all over again.

http://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/nunes-even-worse-trump/7742/

Thought that Gowdy had plans for a Senate run....oh, well.

Last edited:
I thought all you righty's would all be happy that the memo was released today ?

somebody was watching CNN yesterday, or was it MSNBC. Here are a couple inconvenient items from the memo that say otherwise bob:

- The FBI and DOJ lied to the FISA court about the grounds for a warrant on Carter Page - the application does not mention Steele (the source) was working on behalf of paid by the DNC and Clinton campaign (definitely not nothing).

- the media helped garner the warrant - application cites a yahoo news article that was based on leaks from teh Steele to the news outlet. the report was treated as independent corroborating evidence of the Steele dossier.

- Steele had an axe to grind w/ Trump - but his anti-Trump bias was excluded from the FISA application. Steele reportedly told deputy attorney general Bruce Ohr that we was "desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president." Ohr didn't report that in the FISA application, nor was information that Ohr's wife worked for Fusion GPS on compiling opposition research on Trump revealed to the FISA court (both definitely not "nothing").

- this memo doesn't endanger national security in any way. The Democrats, FBI and DOJ can't express any clear reason how this memo endangers national security. Kinda smells like they were all trying to cover their asses in an attempt to avoid looking guilty of an attempted political hit on Trump.

Last edited:
To anyone who thinks the Nunes memo is "a whole lot of nothing," is that because:

A. You think the content is BS?

or

B. You're ok with the content?

Last edited:
Lol. THIS is what was supposed to be bigger than Watergate? Are you kidding me?

This will be gone by mid-week.

Lol. THIS is what was supposed to be bigger than Watergate? Are you kidding me?

This will be gone by mid-week.

Would like to understand your reasoning. Is it because you think the content is BS or because you?re cool with the content?

Would like to understand your reasoning. Is it because you think the content is BS or because you?re cool with the content?

Because the "content" literally says nothing without saying a lot.

I don't think you fully grasp how big Watergate was if you think this is ANYWHERE in the ball park.

By mid-week, this'll be gone.

To anyone who thinks the Nunes memo is "a whole lot of nothing," is that because:

A. You think the content is BS?

or

B. You're ok with the content?

C: The reality is that the FBI launches investigations all the time based on information gleaned from drug dealers, arms traffickers, stool-pigeons, various petty criminals and fraudsters. Steele isn't any of those types....he’s a highly respected intelligence vet with a strong track record on Russia. The question of who paid him to dig into Trump’s past is entirely irrelevant. and it would still be entirely irrelevant, even if it had in fact been the thing that began "Russiagate". Trump wasn't the original target, but a couple of his "best" people that he had hired became as such.

It was George Papadopoulos blathering on about how the campaign was trying to get dirt on Clinton from the Russians to an Australian ambassador that launched the investigation.

Last edited:
Back