Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Will JD Martinez get enough PAs to qualify

SouthOfMackinac

for a batting title?

Mathemagicians and people taking SWAGS welcome to speculate.

He has 205 PA's with 91 team games played 3.1 x 91 = 282.1 so he is 76 PA's short. He needs 502(3?) for the season 162 x 3.1 = 502.1

He needs to average 4.2 PA's per game and play all 71 games to qualify by numbers. 4.3 should be doable with the batters he has in front of him.

I dunno, Price and Dickerson talked about it the other day on the radio, 4 PA's per game is easy, but in several he will need to get 5. And that's going to be tough, especially since sooner or later he has to get an off day.

Can you imagine if he hits his projected numbers? .346 BA, 23 HR, 77 RBI, and a 1.035 OPS That would be the steal of the year for DD.

I just hope he continues to hit near his current pace. As jdeb said, this could be the steal of the year for DD.

Might JD be a "Comeback Player of the Year" candidate? I'd have to think he'd be right near the top of the list if he kept this up.

I just hope he continues to hit near his current pace. As jdeb said, this could be the steal of the year for DD.

Might JD be a "Comeback Player of the Year" candidate? I'd have to think he'd be right near the top of the list if he kept this up.

More like "Breakout Player of the Year"... comeback player is usually reserved for a veteran who had success, went through some tough years, and started having success again. JD didn't have much success in his short career before now.

I certainly hope he continues to have this great success, as we really benefit from having him hit 5th with a healthy Miguel and Victor ahead of him... that's as nasty a 3-4-5 as there is in baseball.

Back