Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Turley / Jason Krizan Erie Sea Wolves

SouthOfMackinac

Turley is older than Jake Thompson but they were both promoted to Erie at the same time after both were solid in the first-half of the season. He got hit kinda hard yesterday after a good first outing with the Sea Wolves. With Thompson gone I think he is the heir apparent to be part of the conversation for spot-starter next season.

Jason Krizan is the guy I have been watching closely all season. Left-handed hitter with little power but with such a good eye at the plate with 42BB and 31SO. He is struggling against LH pitching but I think he is the kind of guy who can make the majors as a utility player and possibly more from there.

It looks like Jake Thompson is pitching for the Frisco Rough Riders on Saturday.

Here is my favorite Minor League Baseball link. I'll admit I click it a few times a day to look at our minor league teams and those of others.

http://www.milb.com/milb/info/affiliations.jsp

Last edited:
How did I not know Lance Parrish was manager of Erie now?

Well it's his first season and who really talks about the manager of the Double-A team?

It's fun to look at the coaching staffs for the different teams. Makes you feel a little old because you remember many of them as rookie players in MLB. Spike Owen is a Coach for the Ranger's Triple-A affiliate. I used to listen to Mariner baseball when I lived in Oregon during his first full season. They loved that guy.

I figured Rod Allen would be all over talking about his former WS teammate, Big Wheel, as manager and all the fun times they had together for his 15 games on the roster.

Just my opinion.

Jason Krizan is nothing special. He is 25 years old and a little old for AA. His career .725 OPS does not equate to being an effective MLB player, even as a reserve OFer. Sure, he has outstanding walk rate, but that is it. As a corner OFer, he has no power whatsoever.

Just my opinion.

Jason Krizan is nothing special. He is 25 years old and a little old for AA. His career .725 OPS does not equate to being an effective MLB player, even as a reserve OFer. Sure, he has outstanding walk rate, but that is it. As a corner OFer, he has no power whatsoever.

I know his slugging is low but he has a characteristic that I think will be appreciated in due time. The Oakland A's preach what he is doing and he has mentioned the Tiger organization wants quality at bats more than it wants numbers. He had a rough May until mid-June.

Don Kelly and Andy Dirks weren't and haven't been necessarily anything special but they are on the big league team. You can't say that for 90% of the Erie roster. Krizan is my hunch. I'd be interested who you see at Erie aside from Travis as taking the next step in the organization - either for prime trade or Tigers.

I would be interested in anyone's prediction for it really. I enjoy picking a horse and seeing how it runs maybe someone else does too.

I believe Jake Thompson is set to start on Tues 7-29, unless something happens in the rotation and they move him up a day.

Last edited:
Damn if Moya could learn to not strike out so damn much we could use that power but doesn't look good after looking at his minor league career numbers... This is the first season he has hit over 13 HR's... Kind of coming out of nowhere.

Back