Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Jackson, Rajai, Kinsler, Miguel Cabrera is back at cleanup. Victor Martinez hitting fifth. Likely an attempt to extend the lineup. lefty pitcher.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/07/detroit_tigers_gameday_miguel_27.html
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Miguel Cabrera moved to cleanup spot today; Alex Avila out of starting lineup.
mlive

Miguel Cabrera is batting .446 in last 17 home games vs. #WhiteSox, and Tigers have won 26 of last 34 meetings in Detroit.

Last edited:
Nick Castellanos was scratched from tonight's lineup due to a right index finger contusion and is day-to-day.
Castellanos was hit with a ground ball during batting practice to cause the finger contusion.

Miggy to 3rd,
Victor to 1st,
Hunter DH's,
JD to RF

Dirks' rehab assignment remains on hold.
DETROIT -- The Tigers have not yet made a decision on when outfielder Andy Dirks will begin a rehab assignment, according to manager Brad Ausmus.
Dirks went on a rehab assignment earlier this month but had it cut short because of inflammation in his back. Since then, he has resumed baseball activities in Lakeland, Fla., at the club's spring complex.
Dirks has missed the entire season after undergoing back surgery in March.

Soria thrilled to join playoff contender in Detroit.
DETROIT -- Joakim Soria's name was floated in trade rumors as much any player leading up to the deal that sent him from the Rangers to the Tigers last week.

Now that he's left the Rangers, who will almost certainly fall short of a fifth straight playoff berth, Soria is happy to be back on a contender. The Tigers lead the AL Central by five games and have baseball's third-best winning percentage entering play Tuesday night.

"I was happy because it's a team that's in the race for the playoffs," Soria said Tuesday of his immediate reaction to the trade, addressing the media in front of his Comerica Park home clubhouse locker for the first time. "It's really good."

Soria added that he's been impressed with the Detroit fans since his time as a Kansas City Royal. As for his new teammates, his early evaluation is that "these are good people over here."
His new manager's first impression of Soria was a little more superficial.
"He's taller than I thought he was," Brad Ausmus said when asked of his early evaluations of his new reliever.
Tigers official site

His new manager's first impression of Soria was a little more superficial.
"He's taller than I thought he was," Brad Ausmus said when asked of his early evaluations of his new reliever.
Tigers official site

My first impression of Soria as a Tiger....he sucks!!!

Back