Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirks out 12

I think Dirks's career is over as a Tiger. EDIT: Looks like Don Kelly will get more PAs now. Wonderful.

Last edited:
Great....While Dirks was nothing special, in order for us to do much we needed him to bounce back, because Kelly/Davis is going to be terrible. Kelly with most of the AB's and Davis can't hit rightys to save his life.

Fuck you Dave!

Fister trade looking better and better all the time.

Boy i wish we'd signed a real fucking LF in the offseason. Not that im high on dirks, but our option now is don fucking kelly with davis.

FUCKING SON OF A BITCH

Great, now he can return in June.. have another shitty season and blame it on injuries when it's over. Hopefully this will get DD to go out and get a Left Fielder.. but probably not since they spent $10 million on Dirks' backup and platoon mate. I like Kelly more than Dirks anyway.

Last edited:
Think I'd rather see Daniel Fields or Tyler Collins over Don Kelly

Last edited:
Great, now he can return in June.. have another shitty season and blame it on injuries when it's over. Hopefully this will get DD to go out and get a Left Fielder.. but probably not since they spent $10 million on Dirks' backup and platoon mate. I like Kelly more than Dirks anyway.

The problem is who's available and at what cost? Nobody left in FA worth it so we would be stuck trading for someone.

of course the Tigers were already razor-thin with the roster DD created. So who replaces AJax or especially Hunter when they need a break? Heaven forbid if either go on the DL before Dirks returns. He will need to go to Toledo first for a week or two to rehab as well, most likely. Lennerton to 1B, Miggy in LF and Davis in CF or RF?

Yikes!!

of course the Tigers were already razor-thin with the roster DD created. So who replaces AJax or especially Hunter when they need a break? Heaven forbid if either go on the DL before Dirks returns. He will need to go to Toledo first for a week or two to rehab as well, most likely. Lennerton to 1B, Miggy in LF and Davis in CF or RF?

Yikes!!

I don't think this changes anything, Kelly isn't much worse than Dirks at the plate, and temporary 5th outfielders grow on trees. We have a few in the minors even who could do an adequate job.

I don't think this changes anything, Kelly isn't much worse than Dirks at the plate, and temporary 5th outfielders grow on trees. We have a few in the minors even who could do an adequate job.

What? LOL

DON MOTHERFUCKING KELLY GODDAMNIT

i really hope we can find some sort of LH LF before the season starts, one thats better than Don Fuckin' Kelly.

Random thought: what if this pushes DD to make a big trade for a full-time LF? There'd be a roster jam when Dirks came back, but with Hunter all but gone after this year we're gonna need at least one corner OF next year. Not saying this is even likely, but you never know with DD, especially after the Iglesias trade last year.

Let's add to these thoughts.

Castellanos get's hurt or doesn't work out...who is the next Third Baseman? Don Kelly

Either Iglesias or Kinsler get's hurt and are out long term...who it their replacement?

This whole roster was built without depth. When we traded a valuable piece (Fister), we got virtually nothing of "need" in return. Then we are told it was a cost saving move, only to watch them spend $10 Mil for a AAAA OFer.

Back