Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trades

The quote: "Davis, after a hot start, has been extremely below average since."

You want to point to the next 15 games, but that is still part of the next 57.

What about the next 50 games (between games 19 and 68).

.275 OBP .385 SLG .660 OPS

It is just the recent 7 games that raised his production since the hot start. Again, this is just with him primarily playing against LHP.

Well I could also cherry pick and put that 15 game slump with his first 18:

First 33 games- .270/.324/.389/.713

Last 41 games- .321/.353/.473/.826

Stats are fun!!!!

Well I could also cherry pick and put that 15 game slump with his first 18:

First 33 games- .270/.324/.389/.713

Stats are fun!!!!

Alas....you just aren't happy unless you are bitching at someone for something.

Alas....you just aren't happy unless you are bitching at someone for something.

Are my counter points not valid? I think I've done a fair job of proving your quote that "Davis, after a hot start, has been extremely below average since." wasn't true.

Are my counter points not valid? I think I've done a fair job of proving your quote that "Davis, after a hot start, has been extremely below average since." wasn't true.

You gest. My point is still valid, especially with the larger sample rate.

Davis for the season:

.296/.338/.770

Good start for a short period, terrible short stretch then nice recently. He is playing better than his career norms but that happens.

It's not who I want or don't want I just have less faith in our minor league players than you. For example, even if McCann is better than some teams catchers doesn't mean we get a valuable piece back..

It is totally about who you do or don't want. I put mine out there and you disagree. You're not saying who you would or wouldn't want so I can't say "Oh geez that would never work, you're wrong" just as you're trying to say to me...hehe

Less faith is incorrect...NO faith is the corrected version

It is totally about who you do or don't want. I put mine out there and you disagree. You're not saying who you would or wouldn't want so I can't say "Oh geez that would never work, you're wrong" just as you're trying to say to me...hehe

Less faith is incorrect...NO faith is the corrected version

Okay I want Stanton. How do we get him..and still compete?

Okay I want Stanton. How do we get him..and still compete?

That's the point of the thread. You propose players you think we have the talent to get and that you're willing to part with.

I'd rather have Tulowitzki but I didn't propose him because I don't see the talent in Detroit to get him. The same applies to Giancarlo.

The idea is that it is easy to criticize another person's trade ideas so we're all equally naked when we make our proposals.

That's the point of the thread. You propose players you think we have the talent to get and that you're willing to part with.

I'd rather have Tulowitzki but I didn't propose him because I don't see the talent in Detroit to get him. The same applies to Giancarlo.

The idea is that it is easy to criticize another person's trade ideas so we're all equally naked when we make our proposals.

Oh..so Stanton for No one because we don't have the talent to make that deal. Am I suppose to want Delmon Young? That's why I didn't mention anyone in the first place..

Oh..so Stanton for No one because we don't have the talent to make that deal. Am I suppose to want Delmon Young? That's why I didn't mention anyone in the first place..

So you're good with the roster as it is moving in to the playoffs because you don't think we have the assets to get a player that would improve the team without sacrificing the prospects who could impact this team in the near future. A perfectly respectable position if I'm not putting words into your mouth.

Not trying to be pedantic but I did specifically ask people to propose their trade ideas (give and take) with their critique of my moves. I was getting gas at Meijer earlier (Their convenience stores are way overpriced - Speedway is much better) and thinking about your comments RE: McCann. My thought is that he isn't "Filler" but he also isn't that first chip in a trade.

A Players Tigers could trade as prospects - Thompson and Ray

B Players - McCann, Hernan Perez, Knebel, Josh Turley and Moya (I know Reb, you can make him a C or D player on your list and I won't argue)

C Players - Ramon Cabrera, Devon Travis, Wade Gaynor

So Ray, McCann, Perez and Gaynor is a nice four player package with three players who could be on a major league roster tomorrow.

I think the Padres would be better if they had McCann starting the first game after the All-Star break. Look at their MLB catching then look at their minor league depth. I like that DD is always getting catching. We have three layers of at least serviceable backup talent after Avila (my opinion obviously).

Last edited:
So you're good with the roster as it is moving in to the playoffs because you don't think we have the assets to get a player that would improve the team without sacrificing the prospects who could impact this team in the near future. A perfectly respectable position if I'm not putting words into your mouth.

Not trying to be pedantic but I did specifically ask people to propose their trade ideas (give and take) with their critique of my moves. I was getting gas at Meijer earlier (Their convenience stores are way overpriced - Speedway is much better) and thinking about your comments RE: McCann. My thought is that he isn't "Filler" but he also isn't that first chip in a trade.

A Players Tigers could trade as prospects - Thompson and Ray

B Players - McCann, Hernan Perez, Knebel, Josh Turley and Moya (I know Reb, you can make him a C or D player on your list and I won't argue)

C Players - Ramon Cabrera, Devon Travis, Wade Gaynor

So Ray, McCann, Perez and Gaynor is a nice four player package with three players who could be on a major league roster tomorrow.

I think the Padres would be better if they had McCann starting the first game after the All-Star break. Look at their MLB catching then look at their minor league depth. I like that DD is always getting catching. We have three layers of at least serviceable backup talent after Avila (my opinion obviously).

No I didn't say that..what I did say time after time we have no one to trade to make this team better imo. Hmm, I guess I did say that.

Last edited:
First 18 games- .353/.416/.471/.886

Next 15 games- .172/.210/.293/.503

The guy had 2 1/2 weeks of really bad baseball. Otherwise he's been very good. This is another move that you were against from the start. How's Logan Morrison doing by the way?

At just about the same time as the rest of the team right?

I would like to get Zobrist some how, and if we could get Mcgee in he deal that would be assume.. Not sure how I feel about going after Benoit again... Don't really want Street for some reason.. I have always liked Headley but he is having a awful season... Not sure who we have to trade.. Alex appears to be a Tiger for life so McCann probably has to go. Great stuff guys thanks..

We could always sign the dick A.J. Pierzynski for depth.. He gets under opposing teams skin :/

Not sure I can agree with that Bob you idiot..

The A.J. Pierzynski problem was worse than anybody could have imagined

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/b...aj-pierzynski-problem-was-worse-anybody-could

I've always hated A.J. Probably one of, if not my least favorite player in recent memory. He just seems like an annoying prick. Can't say I'm surprised at that story, but I kinda don't fault him for being a little apathetic. The Red Sox should have all the leadership they need from other vets in the clubhouse, yet when things go bad, they go really bad there. The whole shit show that was Tito's last year as manager was a perfect example. Kinda reminds me of our stupid Pistons teams where the inmates were running the asylum and the same core group never seemed to be held accountable. It was always the coach or some bit player who should have done more when you'd read the stories.

from twitter: "Rumors around the MLB have the Tigers making a trade for RedSox CL Koji Uehara. Yes, the Uehara who shut the Tigs down last postseason."

havent seen anything else on it yet. dunno if its a legitimate rumor or just a fart in the wind.

from twitter: "Rumors around the MLB have the Tigers making a trade for RedSox CL Koji Uehara. Yes, the Uehara who shut the Tigs down last postseason."

havent seen anything else on it yet. dunno if its a legitimate rumor or just a fart in the wind.

What's the source? Seems too much like a pipe dream. I'd be quite content with landing Soria or Benoit.

That would be excellent if true.

Well the Red Sox appear to be sellers....but what are they going to want for Uehara?

I don't like giving up anything big for a half season rental of a 1 inning guy, no matter how good he is.

Back