Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bracket: Who's your Tiger? Vote for your all-time favorite

Lance Parrish against Denny McLain is a tough draw.

I love the bracket! Thanks for finding it. Good times...good times indeed...

so many great players on there, it would be hard not to vote for Miggy since he's the best i've seen by a mile but I have to stick with tram. there's something different about a hero of your youth vs a contemporary player

Best all-around Tiger as well as a legend in MLB history that I watched was Kaline. Some had great power, but with his Bat, Glove, Arm, Bases it's Al.
Although Cabrera is the best all-around 'Hitter' the Tigers have had in all my years.

Kaline has been my baseball god/hero since I was 6, like you said, you 'grew up' with Trammell. How can you not vote for your child hood hero, the hero of your youth, other Tigers players come and go, some great, but your first love of that one Tigers player stays with you always.
There is something special about a hero of your youth, they have been there for you since you can remember.

Lance Parrish against Denny McLain is a tough draw.

I love the bracket! Thanks for finding it. Good times...good times indeed...

Glad you like it. Hope everyone else does too. it will be interesting to see how it plays out, and how long the voting rounds last in days, weeks.

Tigers history makes for several tough picks:
MickeyCochrane/WahooSamCrawford,
CarlosGuillen/ChetLemon,
VirgilTrucks/BobbyHigginson,
NormCash/JohnHiller,
PrinceHalNewhouser/HarveyKuenn,
No easy picks.

Im going to hunt down everyone who votes for Kelly and Inge and beat them senseless with a pool noodle.

Im going to hunt down everyone who votes for Kelly and Inge and beat them senseless with a pool noodle.

You're lucky I already voted or I would go back just to make your list. I get lonely during the day and some company (even to beat my ass) is always appreciated.

Brandon Inge should win just because he was the fan favorite for so many games he didn't even play in.

You're lucky I already voted or I would go back just to make your list. I get lonely during the day and some company (even to beat my ass) is always appreciated.

Brandon Inge should win just because he was the fan favorite for so many games he didn't even play in.

Detroit has the most sarcastic fans in the world.

People actually spent money to textvote Inge POTG, that's dedication.

Rowe losing to Brookens is a joke, and Gates Brown not in the play in round just shows how dumb the people are
that put this together..

Last edited:
Horton is there Mitch.

He got a first round bye, so you will have to wait to vote for him against the winner of Jim Northrup - Tony Clark.

I was just looking at the votes below the brackets..didn't even realize they had byes..thanks.

Rowe losing to Brookens is a joke, and Gates Brown not in the play in round just shows how dumb the people are
that put this together..

Remember it's favorite..I suspect also more people know the name Brookens.

Lolich v. Gibson is not fair

Hernandez v. Morris was tougher for me than the rest of the people it seemed. I went Willie because he won the Cy Young and MVP.

Poor Jim Price drawing Cabrera.

Lolich v. Gibson is not fair

Hernandez v. Morris was tougher for me than the rest of the people it seemed. I went Willie because he won the Cy Young and MVP.

Poor Jim Price drawing Cabrera.

No problem for me it's Lolich over FA Gibson. Same with Willie over Morris

Back