Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 96: Tigers @ Gibson's Scrappy Snakes?, July 21

spockmaster

Tigers:
AJax, CF
Kinsler, 2B
Miggy, 3B
VMart, 1B
Hunter, RF instead of JDMart because ?????
Suarez, SS
Holaday, C
Davis, LF
Verlander, P

Gibson's Scrappy Snakes™:
Not Jhonny Peralta, CF
Hill, 2B
Goldschlager, 1B
Montero, C
Dumbo Trumbo, LF (lols)
Parra, RF
Prado, 3B
Gregorius, SS
Nuno, P

Not sure why Hunter is getting the start over JDMart...probably the homer yesterday, I guess. Woo Ausmus logic. The lineup looks fairly weak from 5-9, but then again we're facing the D'Backs so its not like it has to be a strong one to win. Anyone think we'll sweep em?

Last edited:
Tigers:
AJax, CF
Kinsler, 2B
Miggy, 3B
VMart, 1B
Hunter, RF instead of JDMart because ?????
Suarez, SS
Holaday, C
Davis, LF
Verlander, P

Gibson's Scrappy Snakes?:
Not Jhonny Peralta, CF
Hill, 2B
Goldschlager, 1B
Montero, C
Dumbo Trumbo, LF (lols)
Parra, RF
Prado, 3B
Gregorius, SS
Nuno, P

Not sure why Hunter is getting the start over JDMart...probably the homer yesterday, I guess. Woo Ausmus logic. The lineup looks fairly weak from 5-9, but then again we're facing the D'Backs so its not like it has to be a strong one to win. Anyone think we'll sweep em?

Not gonna predict a sweep, but I sure hope we at least win the series. Sweeps are difficult even against mediocre competition.

Diamondbacks are tied for last in the MLB in the simple rating system (SRS) on baseball-reference.com

The Tigers have not played in Phoenix since May 2008. Who was a starting pitcher for Arizona back then?? Max Scherzer.

remember when everyone wanted Gibby to be the manager of the Tigers because Leyland didn't know what he was doing? I said it then and I will say it again now....in the long run his antics won't work with today's athlete.

remember when everyone wanted Gibby to be the manager of the Tigers because Leyland didn't know what he was doing? I said it then and I will say it again now....in the long run his antics won't work with today's athlete.

I never wanted him. We can see how well it works for the dbacks heh.

Did not like Miggy's swinging strike three,

Verlander looked sharp that first inning,

Torii can "hack" at meatball fastballs like that any count,

So far ump isn't extending the outside corner with Righty batters.

Tonight's start for Justin Verlander is his 287th as a Tiger, tying him with Earl Whitehill for 8th in franchise history.

OK, good work there Rod, he called that one about 3 seconds before Jackson launched it.

Back