Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 100 Tigers vs. angles July 25, 2014

Still going to be happy it with a split take at least 1 of the next two please, two more ave at best starters for tommorrow and Sunday, try not to be so over aggressive with the scrubs and take what they give ya tiger hitters, inside out, inside out!

Last edited:
He definitely needs to work on his pre AB pep talks. His road splits are terrible.
He needs to work on his in game managing, especially the bullpen, subbing, and not forcing the issue with the running game.

That being said, the offense should have scored way more tonight off this guy. Once again, fuck you hunter for for that god awful ab with the bases loaded.

Last edited:
I'm probably one of the more pro Avila guys on this board but he's really driving me crazy this season at the plate. I'm secretly more angry with him than I am any other Tiger player (Coke included).

I'm probably one of the more pro Avila guys on this board but he's really driving me crazy this season at the plate. I'm secretly more angry with him than I am any other Tiger player (Coke included).

He's starting to bug me too. I was more ok with it when his OBP was up over .350, but now that its hovering near .330 I'm starting to get annoyed since he hasnt brought much else to the plate his year except OBP. I can still live with it given his defense and the fact that he hits 8th most of the time, but it still bugs me.

Out of the box thought: instead of walking Pujols so Smyly could face whats-his-face, I would have just pulled him and brought in Soria to face Pujols and try to keep the game 1-1 that way.

Im not a huge fan of intentional walks.

Alice Avila went hitless in four at-bats. In his last six games, Avila has hit .048 with 10 strikeouts in 21 at-bats.

I am pro Avila. But I have always said he shouldn't get a start against a lefty. Period. Lefties are the perfect time to give him a rest.

2011-2013 vs LHP

Holaday .316 OBP .388 SLG .704 OPS
Avila .304 OBP .318 SLG .622 OPS

2011-2013 vs RHP

Avila .375 OBP .468 SLG .843 OPS
Holaday .321 OBP .359 SLG .680 OPS

And fyi....I don't think Avila is an All Star by any means. But he isn't even close to the main issue when it comes to the lack of or inconsistent offense, except when he is in the lineup against a lefty starter.

"...my serenity is inversely proportional to my expectations. The higher my expectations of other people are, the lower is my serenity. "

It appears some on this board have no serenity when it comes to Avila.

Out of the box thought: instead of walking Pujols so Smyly could face whats-his-face, I would have just pulled him and brought in Soria to face Pujols and try to keep the game 1-1 that way.

Im not a huge fan of intentional walks.

Because Albert has 20 HRs this year and 512 in his career. Navarro has 0 this year and 0 for his career.

It might not have been a good opportunity, so far, but if you trade for a RP why don't you use him. Two games and nothing.

Back