Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

Thundercats

Apparently, Iglesias is being shopped. They like Suarez enough to trade Jose, and they may do it before the deadline. What other things are you guys hearing?

This would be selling low on Iggy given that he's injured. They had better not unless they get a decent return.

that makes no sense at all. Nobody is going to give them shit for him in his current condition.

That makes no sense to me. One can start at short, the other can play 2nd, short, and 3rd like Santiago used to.

I'm skeptical they they are shopping him. Everything I have read the rumor comes from a Boston Globe reporter who says scouts told him Detroit "could" be looking to shop him.

Probably wishful thinking on the OP's part as well.

Trade Iglesias. When Suarez gets hurt in the offseason and is out for the year, they can trade some young talent for two nothing SS to fill in.

What could the Tigers hope to get for damaged goods like Iggy, who may or may not recover fully from what has been a chronic injury? Might as well package him with Dirks and Hanrahan as the 3 Blind Dice.

Probably wishful thinking on the OP's part as well.

Childish comment. How about let's have a thread that actually stays on topic? Some people just can't resist making everything personal.

Trade Iglesias. When Suarez gets hurt in the offseason and is out for the year, they can trade some young talent for two nothing SS to fill in.

I think Iggy would be good to hold on to as a utility infielder. Makes no sense to trade him, I agree.. especially considering he wouldn't get us a good enough return even when healthy. May as well use him for his defense and get full value out of him for how cheap and controlled he is.

Childish comment. How about let's have a thread that actually stays on topic? Some people just can't resist making everything personal.

What's childish about it?

Have you not made it abundantly clear you don't like Igleasis? So him being traded would fit int he category of wishful thinking on your part, correct?

I wasn't taking a shot at you, and I was on topic.

What's childish about it?

Have you not made it abundantly clear you don't like Igleasis? So him being traded would fit int he category of wishful thinking on your part, correct?

I wasn't taking a shot at you, and I was on topic.

It's not that I don't like him. I just feel he is overrated. He would be very valuable backing up the middle and left side of the infield.

I think we should be more aggressive on these cuban outfielders. They are rather inexpensive for how talented they are. Sure, it's risky, but they are really starting to produce over here. Why not go after Rusney Castillo? We will be in desperate need of outfielders within the next couple years.

I think we should be more aggressive on these cuban outfielders. They are rather inexpensive for how talented they are. Sure, it's risky, but they are really starting to produce over here. Why not go after Rusney Castillo? We will be in desperate need of outfielders within the next couple years.

I like the idea. I wanted them to go after Cespedes harder than they did. The island has some very talented players. The few that get out are likely to be good.

I see no reason to trade Iglesias. Suarez or Iglesias takes Romine's role next season. Not worried about splits given the overall crappy production from our reserve middle infielder spot the last five years.

There is a major rework after this season. They may be able to abate for one year but 2016 will be something we can't envision today.

It's not that I don't like him. I just feel he is overrated. He would be very valuable backing up the middle and left side of the infield.

That's nothing wrong with a no hit gg caliber SS. That's what he is so I don't consider him overrated. And he's cheap as hell. If he stays healthy I pencil him in everyday and call it a day.

I wouldnt say no to selling high on kinsler in the offseason if it nets us a nice package, especially an OF.

Back