Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

I wouldnt say no to selling high on kinsler in the offseason if it nets us a nice package, especially an OF.

He's done a pretty good job for us so far, but if we can find someone to take that salary without us having to chip in I'd be happy.

Time to start thinking of Casty as an OF or package him as well, because he is terrible at 3B, stone hands, cement shoes. Next year's IF could be Miggy, Travis, Iggy, and Suarez assuming we can land a power bat for the OF, or two if JD fizzles out.

He's done a pretty good job for us so far, but if we can find someone to take that salary without us having to chip in I'd be happy.

Time to start thinking of Casty as an OF or package him as well, because he is terrible at 3B, stone hands, cement shoes. Next year's IF could be Miggy, Travis, Iggy, and Suarez assuming we can land a power bat for the OF, or two if JD fizzles out.

Ouch. That could be three positions of no stick in the inf.

What could the Tigers hope to get for damaged goods like Iggy, who may or may not recover fully from what has been a chronic injury? Might as well package him with Dirks and Hanrahan as the 3 Blind Dice.

Might not be as bad of an idea as it sounds. And should the nats be in the deal get Fister!

Talk/rumor is Price too the Cardinals. IMO Rays can not win without him.
Tribe wants to move Asdrubal Cabrera?

Apparently, the Rays think they can get Shelby Miller, Oscar Taveras and a comp pick for Price. If that's true, then they'd be stupid not to make the deal. A top of the rotation youngster and future star outfielder to pair with Wil Myers.

Apparently, the Rays think they can get Shelby Miller, Oscar Taveras and a comp pick for Price. If that's true, then they'd be stupid not to make the deal. A top of the rotation youngster and future star outfielder to pair with Wil Myers.

That might be too much for the cards. However they do feel they need to move a player or two the unblock some outfielders. Nice to have what some teams want, for trade.

Let's trade our best and really only good defensive INF player .. sounds like a Detroit move.

It would depend on the return, and only in the offseason (trading him now would be stupid, this thread was just easier to find than the kinsler one.) Not saying we should, just saying I probably wouldnt be upset if we did if we got a nice return.

That might be too much for the cards. However they do feel they need to move a player or two the unblock some outfielders. Nice to have what some teams want, for trade.

Almost certainly too much for them for a rental of Price. They didnt get to where they are as an org by doing trades like that.

Tigers had some level of interest in David Price before Rays got hot. Not sure the extent.

Details on all those scouts who've been perched at W. Michigan: Rockies, RedSox and -- oddly -- Mariners have been around for two weeks.
Rockies (Belisle, De La Rosa) and RedSox (Miller) make sense as teams who would be scouting Tigers. Not sure how Mariners match up.
Most scouted Whitecap has been SS Willy Adames. Pitchers drawing interest too, especially since Ziomek, Crawford have turned things around.
Tigers definitely are pushing to add left-handed arm -- and they don't care if it's a starter or reliever. because Smyly is versatile.

It would depend on the return, and only in the offseason (trading him now would be stupid, this thread was just easier to find than the kinsler one.) Not saying we should, just saying I probably wouldnt be upset if we did if we got a nice return.

It's not about being hurt but the fact imo he's our best SS. I don't get the Suarez love..he had a few weeks and is now hitting like shit..he's not the defender Iggy is..I don't get it. Remember we traded away a sack of bad tomatoes to get him..that was when he was healthy and hitting .330.

I see iggy as valuable but also see him as not getting much in return for him..especially after missing a season.

It's not about being hurt but the fact imo he's our best SS. I don't get the Suarez love..he had a few weeks and is now hitting like shit..he's not the defender Iggy is..I don't get it. Remember we traded away a sack of bad tomatoes to get him..that was when he was healthy and hitting .330.

I see iggy as valuable but also see him as not getting much in return for him..especially after missing a season.

Suarez should have had 2 errors last night IMO. I think he could end up being a very good defensive SS though. Offensively, I think he will be better than Iggy. Bottom line, I don't think you trade either one right now. Wait until you see how Iggy recovers. I don't think you will get anything of value for either one right now.

Suarez should have had 2 errors last night IMO. I think he could end up being a very good defensive SS though. Offensively, I think he will be better than Iggy. Bottom line, I don't think you trade either one right now. Wait until you see how Iggy recovers. I don't think you will get anything of value for either one right now.

He might be but as of now he's an average defender.

I thought we were talkin about kinsler still haha. whoops.

Anyways yeah, I wouldnt trade iggy in the offseason, i still think he's better than suarez and since he's injured and will have missed the whole year, we'd be selling low.

I actually think Suarez has a higher ceiling. Iggy is better than Hernan Perez defensively (not by very much), but they are both relatively the same offensively. I don't see anyone touting Hernan Perez.

I actually think Suarez has a higher ceiling. Iggy is better than Hernan Perez defensively (not by very much), but they are both relatively the same offensively. I don't see anyone touting Hernan Perez.

I think Perez is a good defensive 2B. As far as SS goes, much more so than "not by much".

As much as people in the tigers threads talk about the lack of defense you think having a gem in the field would be a welcome. It's not like we've had any good offense their anyway this season.

I don't mind a gg caliber no hit SS when you have defensive slugs at 1st and 3rd.

Back