Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cardinals looking to trade for David Price, or sign Scherzer

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Interesting. I would expect the only way the Tigers would do this was if they signed Max first. I just don't see how they could pull that off.

Scherzer wanting $200 Mil precludes me from wanting him back. No way I think DET can afford him, Verlander, Kinsler, Sanchez, Victor and Cabrera. $121 Mil for 6 players is a lot for this team. $130 Mil for those 6 in 2016.

Scherzer wanting $200 Mil precludes me from wanting him back. No way I think DET can afford him, Verlander, Kinsler, Sanchez, Victor and Cabrera. $121 Mil for 6 players is a lot for this team. $130 Mil for those 6 in 2016.

what scares me is I don't think Mr. I gives a shit about 2016 and beyond.

They should trade Price... He does not want to be in Detroit.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Cards just sign Max and let us breath easier that we won't end up mortgaging the next 8 years in the cellar to pay for it.

I hope Max signs elsewhere and we also trade Price.

I say we keep him at least until the deadline. If we end up as sellers, maybe we can get a #1 prospect for him from a team with a GM seemingly as desperate as DD was. If we end up as buyers it would be nice to still have him going down the stretch.

But I don't want to resign him after 2015 either.

I say we keep him at least until the deadline. If we end up as sellers, maybe we can get a #1 prospect for him from a team with a GM seemingly as desperate as DD was. If we end up as buyers it would be nice to still have him going down the stretch.

But I don't want to resign him after 2015 either.

I worry about the fact we are in contention, and either miss the playoffs or make it but don't go anywhere. Thus we get nothing for Price. We've made the playoffs enough now that anything short of a WS is failure.

Word on the radio here in Cardinal nation is the Cards would like Cole Hamels. Cost less than Scherzer and has a contract longer than Price. And he's all ready NL ready.

I like the idea of trading Price and signing Scherzer. IF we could get Wong in a Price deal and eventually trade Kinsler it could be a great cost saving move. I have a hard time letting talent leave and getting nothing in return. Great pitchers do not fall into a team's lap very often. I think that us Tiger's fans have been spoiled.

Back