Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New posters from espn and state of the Tigers board

Can't say that I really miss any particular poster on any of the boards who weren't fans of Detroit/Michigan college and pro teams, but did enjoy lurking and occasionally posting on the MLB and NFL General message-boards, as well as the indivudual MLB and NFL team boards. I used an alternate SN when posting to troll,, flame or insult fans of other teams and their players, so that I wouldn't cause any of them to retaliate and do likewise on our Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings, and Lions messageboards.

But the Lions were so awful during the dark and bleak Millen era, that there were few if any trolls who were even occasionally posting on the Lions messageboard. I once begged a member who was a notorious football troll to visit the Lions board and flame the team/players, but he politely declined..dlol...:ugh:

Last edited:
The General boards on ESPN always sucked. It was never about sports, even trolling ..

The General boards on ESPN always sucked. It was never about sports, even trolling ..

Yep, especially duirig the off-season, but there were often bits of comedy gold in those OT threads. I also enjoyed debating and discussing politics , current events, and ideological differences with and vs other members. I learned a lot more about what members who were or claimed to be liberal, progressive, independent, ,libertarian, conservative, and those on the extreme left or right were thinking and believing, and whether or not I agreed/disagreed with them or thought they were being influenced by mouthpiece morons on TV/radio and as a result, full of biased bullshit.

Yep, especially duirig the off-season, but there were often bits of comedy gold in those OT threads. I also enjoyed debating and discussing politics , current events, and ideological differences with and vs other members. I learned a lot more about what members who were or claimed to be liberal, progressive, independent, ,libertarian, conservative, and those on the extreme left or right were thinking and believing, and whether or not I agreed/disagreed with them or thought they were being influenced by mouthpiece morons on TV/radio and as a result, full of biased bullshit.

1 comedy gold, 1000 shit.

I will admit this board has a much more "homey" feeling than Espn had. Also the posters are much more knowledgable. Dont miss the trolling either.

What a difference a place makes.
I once (around 2003) offered ESPN a moderators role there. They refused my free service, to help cleanup the Tigers board there.

Sounded like the ESPN front office really didn't really care about the forums..... just an afterthought to them.

BTW - in those days, TROLPO would have been my first boot-off. His knowledge of creating electronic havoc was big-time back then. I recall him removing pages - then installing his own multiple pages of symbols, text, icons.....etc.

Many loved him. I thought he was an asshole.

Last edited:
I once (around 2003) offered ESPN a moderators role there. They refused my free service, to help cleanup the Tigers board there.

Sounded like the ESPN front office really didn't really care about the forums..... just an afterthought to them.

BTW - in those days, TROLPO would have been my first boot-off. His knowledge of creating electronic havoc was big-time back then. I recall him removing pages - then installing his own multiple pages of symbols, text, icons.....etc.

MWG,
I wonder how many here remember that 'green haze' shit he did over the entire page and many back pages. Blocked out all the threads, and posts.
His worded postings were funny, but that electronically damaging stuff was completely uncalled for, all it did was ruin the message board we were posting about the Tigers on.

I don't mean the.troll fans from other teams but legit talk about the sport with other fanbases.

What's odd is that I haven't clicked on any form of ESPN.com since I left the ESPN board 6 -7 weeks ago.

I don't miss the Tigers board or the ESPN homepage. The only webpage I'll visit sometime in the near future is the ESPN/MLB/stats page. They cover team and player stats on that page better than any other national sports website, other than MLB.

This one here below.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/statistics

He was like a Mayor of a Penitentiary Ward. Could solve all the world's problems, but his own.

Hey guys! Just saw the message on ESPN from Kalinecountry about this forum. I was wondering if everyone found somewhere else to go. Glad I found This place!

Hey guys! Just saw the message on ESPN from Kalinecountry about this forum. I was wondering if everyone found somewhere else to go. Glad I found This place!

Hi Anonymouslives, glad you made it here.
I sent you a message.

I loved TROLPO but man he could F up a message board if you crossed him. He had to have been a high level programmer. Probably sitting at home as we write and created malware for some poor Windows using bastard. lol. I wish I had more time to post but been busy.

Encrytion and Firewalls are just two of multiples ways to pull the plug on Trolpo's internet crime waves. He probably took his skills to another level and got caught breaking into breached areas of government or banking. Would not shock me to find out he's in prison somewhere.

I remember that ridiculous "board stretching" that he and other trolls used to do on the old board.

For those who don't know, "board stretching" involved creating threads with titles involving hundreds (thousands?) of characters/symbols. The way the old ESPN forums were set up, thread titles would exist on one line and the left and right margins of the thread title in the forum view would be uniform across the page, so creating even just one thread with an annoyingly long title would screw up the rest of the page. The same thing happened in threads if you made a post with a single super long string (no spaces).

I don't remember the moderation over there having any sort of quality or speed to it, seemed like the worst cases would take at least an hour to resolve.

ESPN didn't care about their boards because they didn't have to. ESPN is a big name and they'll know people will have discussions there regardless of how shitty the technology is. Let's not forget their sad attempt to make the forums more "robust". In some ways I miss the old forum, but for the most part, good riddance.

Back