Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

3 Way Done deal , Tigers get Price !!

On the one hand im friggin ecstatic that we got a year and a half of price. DD has likely sold high on AJax. On the other, we have no damn CF now, and with the rest of the outfield already being shit/inconsistent/whatever, we have a huge hole there now. Also, the bullpen is still a hot mess.

But holy shit our rotation.

And we get to keep Coke and Kelly. What!!!

Price is effectively Scherzer's replacement after he more than likely leaves. I do like the deal, but obviously it couldn't be done without opening up a hole or two elsewhere. We really need outfield help now and soon.

Last edited:
Price is effectively Scherzer's replacement after he more than likely leaves. I do like the deal, but obviously it couldn't be done without opening up a hole or two elsewhere. We really need outfield help now and soon.

And Smyly was our hope for the playoff bullpen woes. Now he is gone. Add to the fact we absolutely don't have a qualified lead off hitter.

JD in left everyday which i like and when Dirks comes back platoon Davis and him in CF..... I love the move but like it less if Adames really is part of the trade.

We need Bastardo bad...... I hope we have something left in the system to snag him from the Phillies

Last edited:
JD in left everyday which i like and when Dirks comes back platoon Davis and him in CF..... I love the move but like it less if Adames really is part of the trade.

Dirks came up through the farm as a CF'er. This will be the perfect Platoon

Prospects are prospects. Unless they are absolute can't miss guys, you NEVER know how they will pan out. Trading prospects for proven commodities is good business.

Four-player deal confirmed: David Price to Tigers, Austin Jackson to Mariners, Nick Franklin and Drew Smyly to Rays. No other prospects.

And Smyly was our hope for the playoff bullpen woes. Now he is gone. Add to the fact we absolutely don't have a qualified lead off hitter.

Like I said you can't make a move for a Cy Young winner and not give up stuff in return. At this rate one of Porcello or even JV is gonna end up in the playoff bullpen now. No reliable lefty though I agree.

Jackson will be right back in town mid aug still have a set with Seattle at home it will be awkward.

Jackson will be right back in town mid aug still have a set with Seattle at home it will be awkward.

Oh yeah, I just realized I will be at the first game of that series. Interesting to hear the reception.

Four-player deal confirmed: David Price to Tigers, Austin Jackson to Mariners, Nick Franklin and Drew Smyly to Rays. No other prospects.

Nice try though Rosenthal on MLB Network just said the Rays got Smyly Franklin AND Adames.

They have to resign Price or else I will definitely flip to the other side on this one. They needed a replacement for Max and hopefully they got one.

They have to resign Price or else I will definitely flip to the other side on this one. They needed a replacement for Max and hopefully they got one.

Of course they got one..we have a year and a half to work out a deal.

Back