Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Marlins - Price or Porcello

af1991

According to Jon Morosi of FOX Sports, the Marlins "have inquired to the Detroit Tigers about availability of David Price or Rick Porcello. Talks are not serious right now." It's unclear what the Marlins might be willing to offer the Tigers in return for either of these pitchers, and chances of a deal actually coming to pass may not be all that realistic.

We are short a starting pitcher as it is, how the fuck are we going to trade one away?

Unless they are offering Alverez in return, then go ahead.

I read something the other day that they are looking to trade Evoldi along with their top pitching prospect for another frontline starter. So it would be that and more prospects they are willing to give up. No useful pieces from their mlb roster

I think they should trade Price. And any other vet and work for 2017. This team is decent enough but unless they get some young blood they're become an overpriced 70 win team.

I think they should trade Price. And any other vet and work for 2017. This team is decent enough but unless they get some young blood they're become an overpriced 70 win team.
Definitely agree on price, would have loved to see them get on a deal with the braves before they dealt Heyward. I think price and the braves are a perfect match and they had some desirable pieces

Back