Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scherzer has offer from yankees; signs with nationals now mets

He goes there instant hate. If it is for 6 years, maybe 160m? 175m?

I hope he takes it so we don't have to worry about DD offering him some ridiculous amount again and we can just move forwards.

I had a suspicion about this. Just these two links and nothing on espn or one of the other major media outlets.
Got taken. Someone needs to give this kid a swirley.

Good, I didn't want to have to hate Max. I'm hoping if he goes somewhere else it's to a national league team.

It was reported by guy who follows the yankees minor league affiliates. Same guy broke ellsbury signing last year. Its not exactly the same as the 14 year old kid

Last edited:
Dan pfeiffer is the one who first reported it. He is a beat writer for one of the Yankees minor league affiliates. He was the first to report ellsbury signing last year. The 14 year old kid just copied his report

And then changed it enough to make it look like his. What a pathetic little fucker.

I really would hate seeing Max in pin stripes! If he goes I hope he stays away from New York and Boston. And the other A.L Central teams of course!

From what I'm hearing with teams with available money its the Yankees and us..But of course old man Ilitch will listen to Boras and a deal will get done..

Tigers will offer him 7 years 192 million because DD will just go to Mike and say

"Hey Mike sign this paper"

Doesn't seem like anyone really wants max, nobody wants to pay that top dollar, nor should they on ave he's good for what 6 innings..I think part of the deal is that he really wants to stay with the Tigers but the Tigers aren't willing to pay such a high amount.

I have no way of proving this its just my gut feeling

Doesn't seem like anyone really wants max, nobody wants to pay that top dollar, nor should they on ave he's good for what 6 innings..I think part of the deal is that he really wants to stay with the Tigers but the Tigers aren't willing to pay such a high amount.

I have no way of proving this its just my gut feeling

It's January 2. Boros clients always sign late. He'll get paid.

Tigers are committed at 154,400,300 million with 19 players that should make the team. That leaves 6 players that will make the team 5 of those should make between 2.5 and 3 m's lets do 3 m's. Most will make the mim. and are in house.That put them at 157 mill. The Luxury tax should be around 174? This means the Tigers could give Max 17 million without going over! And the real problem comes in the 2nd and 3rd year when it goes more luxury tax money for being over the tax. Yea that's the real problem is the tax increases more ever year your over. Until at some point you are paying money for nothing.
In 2016 they are committed to 105 for 6 players! Tigers could get under the Tax in 2016 but what a gap between there stars and the rest. The Tigers do not have the farm players to support a team in 2016. So it will take more money to compete the tax could be a factor then and really any FA is going to want more years.

OBTW Tigers will not sign Max for 17 M a season. Put another 25 m's on the 2016 season 130 million Tigers would have to find 18 players for 47 million then to get under the Tax. That's only 2.6 per player could be done but what kind of team would they field.

Has the money finally become a concern?!.

Last edited:
If they would have traded Kinsler instead of Travis, and let Travis start, we'd be in a much better place financially.

Back