Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scherzer has offer from yankees; signs with nationals now mets

Yep. Though in the NL I expect he dominates. I want Fister back though..

While I'm glad the Tigers didn't resign him to that kind of deal, it's still sad to see him go. I enjoyed watching him pitch here. Hope he does well in Washington along with Fister.

ESPN is reporting it now too, but again, only though "sources". But I won't breath easy until we get an official announcement.

Deferred so 15 million for 14 years..

Last edited:
Yeah but then the Nats are paying $15 million a year for 7 years for a guy who wont be on the team.

I thought it was dumb.

He took a huge risk that he might get injured or have a bad season in 2014. He passed up guaranteed money in order to gamble. I'm glad he did, but at the time I felt he was dumb (most likely for listening to Boras). He rolled the dice and came up big, I'm just glad it's not Tiger money.

This deal shows just how much of a bargain John Lester was. Also ensures David Price will probably not be back next year either. Totally expect him to want 200+ next offseason

He'd deserve it more than Max, to be perfectly honest. Its ridiculous what 2 great years will get you nowadays. Im putting the over/under for how long it takes the nats to regret the contract at 3 years. Once Max loses his fastball, he's toast.

If anything this should just go to show bored sportswriters are full of shit. How many weeks in a row now have we been hearing how the Tigers were the front runners on Scherzer and likely to retain him even though DD said all along they were not pursuing him.

Now they all have to think up some new out-of-the-blue deal to speculate about just to fill column inches.

If anything this should just go to show bored sportswriters are full of shit. How many weeks in a row now have we been hearing how the Tigers were the front runners on Scherzer and likely to retain him even though DD said all along they were not pursuing him.

Now they all have to think up some new out-of-the-blue deal to speculate about just to fill column inches.
Just more reasons to show that Tony Paul is full of shit. Fuck him.

True, their reporting was as bad as nfl heads saying the raiders were still in play for harbaugh as he is on a plane to ann arbor

Back