Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Rules

lonesometiger

Shorting the game with a pitch clock? Really, for my money that would be not good. Put it this way the last game I went too, the cost of the seat was 56 dollars and was not a great seat. It was ok but not great.The game lasted around 2 and half hours. The last movie I went too lasted around 2 and half hours for 5 bucks. I sat in one of the best seats in the house!
For the money the game needs to last a whole lot longer. They need to find a way for the game to go into extra innings ever game. Really for the money the fans should be asking for more game. Bring back the double headers!.

Shorting the game with a pitch clock? Really, for my money that would be not good. Put it this way the last game I went too, the cost of the seat was 56 dollars and was not a great seat. It was ok but not great.The game lasted around 2 and half hours. The last movie I went too lasted around 2 and half hours for 5 bucks. I sat in one of the best seats in the house!
For the money the game needs to last a whole lot longer. They need to find a way for the game to go into extra innings ever game. Really for the money the fans should be asking for more game. Bring back the double headers!.

when was the last time you went to a movie...1998?

Last edited:
No offense but why would you spend 56 dollars on a "not so great seat?"

The rule is in place already: If no runners are on base, the pitcher has 12 seconds to deliver the ball after receiving it from the catcher and the batter is in the box "alert to the pitcher."

Speeding up the game would have less to do with pitchers as it would batters.

Sure there are slow pitchers, but this bullshit of stepping out of the box and re-adjusting your gloves, helmet, jock, spit 3 times, knock dirt out of your cletes, is bullshit. I see little league kids doing this now...keep 1 goddamn foot in the batters box unless you call time or are getting a sign from the coach.

Yeah I agree there. Batters take an enormous amount of time and when faced with a pitcher who goes quick, like Fister, they do it more.

The rule is in place already: If no runners are on base, the pitcher has 12 seconds to deliver the ball after receiving it from the catcher and the batter is in the box "alert to the pitcher."

I knew there was a limit already, but I didn't know it was only 12 seconds.

Any limit with any runners on base?

I knew there was a limit already, but I didn't know it was only 12 seconds.

Any limit with any runners on base?

If there was a limit with runners on base they could take advantage of knowing when the pitcher has to throw.

Sure there are slow pitchers, but this bullshit of stepping out of the box and re-adjusting your gloves, helmet, jock, spit 3 times, knock dirt out of your cletes, is bullshit. I see little league kids doing this now...keep 1 goddamn foot in the batters box unless you call time or are getting a sign from the coach.

keep 1 goddamn foot in the batters box unless you call time or are getting a sign from the coach.

iirc this new rule states that the batter has to have one foot in the batters' box while going through all they do. no more walkabouts.

when was the last time you went to a movie...1998?

Last weekend 12:30 Matinee small town USA. 8+ after 5:00. But the pop corn is sky high, and one refill these days. Used to be all U could eat. And refill on soda is large only. There making the money there.

No offense but why would you spend 56 dollars on a "not so great seat?"

Company FREE seats. Missed the homerun by 4 sections to left to center. Matt Carpenter gave it a ride. I did take my glove but not a chance. Could see the game all right, but second section from the fence 20th row in it. Down the foul pole line. It would take a cannon to get one there.

And when the batter steps out the 12 seconds rule starts over. And the 12 second rule is hardy in forced anyway. The pitcher can get around that by asking for the catcher to come to the mound, run the signs again. The wind got something in his eyes.

But yea the batters do more to slow down the game these days, add change bats, check the cup, roll the head around, bend over and pick up some dirt. Surprise some one does not text I'm batting now check in.

Could not have said it any better

Hate him or not a freakin' great nickname. Good hitter too and that walk rate..I wish we had that.

The Tigers pitchers were 3.91 pitches per plate a appearance. Bad enough to be 12th in the AL, and knocking on the door for last place. In truth the best was only 3.73. There K per 9 innings was 7.70 6th place in the AL.
A pitch clock could help the Tigers staff by speeding up there decision making and get there PC down some. But the bigger problem is there WHIP, 1.33 11th in the AL worst for any playoff team in the AL!
Maybe they do need to speed up and take some of the thinking out of there minds. And there is the old adage of quick pitch keeps the D in the game. Less standing around keeps the head in the game. Then again Tiger pitching is pretty dependent on the strikeout. There BAA was .263 that got to improve.

Back