Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bridges, or at least Bridges' mom named in NCAA probe

Miles Bridges cleared to play moving forward.

"Our compliance office conducted a thorough internal review. [MSU] presented its findings to the NCAA, and Miles Bridges has been cleared for competition moving forward, beginning Sunday at Wisconsin.?

~MSU Interim AD Bill Beekman

Interesting - the piece I read made it sound more like MSU made their own determination and cleared him to play based on their belief that he would likely be cleared by the NCAA. If that's the case there's still the possibility of him being suspended by NCAA or even vacating wins if they really went nuts and threw the book at him/us.

Interesting - the piece I read made it sound more like MSU made their own determination and cleared him to play based on their belief that he would likely be cleared by the NCAA. If that's the case there's still the possibility of him being suspended by NCAA or even vacating wins if they really went nuts and threw the book at him/us.

https://twitter.com/kylebaustin/status/967489200391061504

Definitively cleared by the NCAA.

How overblown has this whole thing been? When reports initially came out I thought millions of dollars were being handed out to these kids. The amounts reported are an absolute joke for the most part. I don’t care if a guy received 1000 dollars. The program buys these guys at least 2000 dollars worth of gear every single season. How is that any different?

Last edited:
Agree with most of this. I don't think the universities and/or the NCAA can or should be directly dishing out the money, as mostly only the football/basketball programs would be able to afford it, and you're going to run into Title IX issues when the women's sports don't get that same type of compensation. But as far as making money on the side from agents or shoe companies or whatever, let the players get whatever they can get there. Sure it creates the deals where those outside organizations steer players to certain schools in exchange for other things, and that's not ideal, but that is also already going on anyway.

Totally agree. And is the school going to pay the punter as much as a star QB? What about guys on teams like golf, lacrosse, track, etc?

How overblown has this whole thing been? When reports initially came out I thought millions of dollars were being handed out to these kids. The amounts reported are an absolute joke for the most part. I don?t care if a guy received 1000 dollars. The program buys these guys at least 2000 dollars worth of gear every single season. How is that any different?

And this whole ordeal the last day was because of a screen shot of an expense report from a guy who has been charged with embezzlement for literally writing fake expense reports. Yeah, color me shocked that the NCAA didn?t take that spread sheet all that seriously.

There's a decent chance Christian Dawkins just kept the money. He was fired after using an Uber account illegally that was linked to a nba player and racked up $42,000 in charges. He also turned in 61k in fradulent expense reports.

I read a post on another board from someone in the athletic department who said it's entirely possible that Dawkins kept the cash. He also says that inflated expense payments are pretty common.

Sent from my NS-P10A8100 using Tapatalk

One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that Andy Miller's brother is archie Miller from IU

One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that Andy Miller's brother is archie Miller from IU

That makes him Arizona's Sean Miller's brother too...

That makes him Arizona's Sean Miller's brother too...

did you mean Sean Miller's brother is Archie Miller? I don't think the coaches are related to Andy Miller.

Last edited:
But Ayton is still being considered "eligible" by Arizona. What a surprise, the school decided their best player could play when they were given free reign to decide on the "punishment."

Yeah. ESPN fucked this story up too, no surprise. They've not heard the tape or read a transcript, they have a source who said they heard it, but ESPN didn't verify it.

Zona has been what is called in the Sports World as Lavigned. Absolute garbage and ESPN should be ashamed.

How overblown has this whole thing been? When reports initially came out I thought millions of dollars were being handed out to these kids. The amounts reported are an absolute joke for the most part. I don?t care if a guy received 1000 dollars. The program buys these guys at least 2000 dollars worth of gear every single season. How is that any different?

$2000 worth of gear is within the rules...$1000 cash isn't

MSU released a statement about Bridges. They investigated, found a violation and has to petition the NCAA for reinstatement after Bridges paid the $40 for dinner his mom let someone buy her. Crime of the century.

Back