Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JD traded to the Diamondbacks....

Who has no clue, gimp?? The only reason these scrubs are ranked high is because their minors suck.

What , are you a Tony and Slick wanna be , go choke on a cigar ya old ratchety bastard ....i'm sure i'll get banned again now cause the all mighty has spoken !!
LOL

What , are you a Tony and Slick wanna be , go choke on a cigar ya old ratchety bastard ....i'm sure i'll get banned again now cause the all mighty has spoken !!
LOL

GTFO gimp come back when you know wtf you're talking about.

Tried to explain it so even you could understand.
some player has to be ranked 2, or 4 in a bad system. In a good system these players would be ranked 20 to 30.

Last edited:
Wondering where you are seeing him being #4 overall? I haven't even seen his name crack the top 50 this season.

Only place i saw was the article from CBS Detroit which i quoted . Only thing i saw from my phone so havent been able to check it out . JD was gone anyway , he was a half year rental for whoever got him . 3 prospects , fuck it , better than letting hm walk for nothing .

Lugo sounds like a pretty damn good prospect , nice pickup and i like what im reading about him .

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-midseason-top-100-prospects-july-7/#QLHdu4UpsMfwOB7D.97
BA's Top 100 Prospects.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/updated-2017-top-10-prospects-index/#Ae98h2PACbRLzfmc.97
BA's Top 10 Prospects for each team.

Compare the players who are the #2 and # 4 of many teams, if you follow even a little of minor league prospects you will recognize them.

Who the hell are these shithooks Al Avila got for JD.

Yeah everyone is saying the same thing in that the return was very little even for a rental player. Look at the return for Chapman last season as a rental. The Yankees got the Cubs #1 prospect (24 overall in all Mlb) and 3 other propects as well.

We couldn't even net a single top 100 propect for the best hitter on the market?? For Upton or Kinsler or even Avila I would expect this kind of deal but NOT for JD.

GTFO gimp come back when you know wtf you're talking about.

Tried to explain it so even you could understand.
some player has to be ranked 2, or 4 in a bad system. In a good system these players would be ranked 20 to 30.

The article stated he was the 2nd in Arizona's system , but 4th overall in MLB ...blame the editor GIMP

Yeah everyone is saying the same thing in that the return was very little even for a rental player. Look at the return for Chapman last season as a rental. The Yankees got the Cubs #1 prospect (24 overall in all Mlb) and 3 other propects as well.

We couldn't even net a single top 100 propect for the best hitter on the market?? For Upton or Kinsler or even Avila I would expect this kind of deal but NOT for JD.

When DD traded Cespedes to the mets as a rental, he got Fulmer.
July 31, 2015: Traded by the Detroit Tigers to the New York Mets for Luis Cessa and Michael Fulmer.
November 2, 2015: Granted Free Agency.

Yeah this move makes zero sense at this point especially given the fact we're 2 weeks out and not 2 hours out.

Yeah this move makes zero sense at this point especially given the fact we're 2 weeks out and not 2 hours out.[/QUO

Watching Arizona game and announcers are puzzled by the deal , say why give up so much for a half year rental ...so who knows , i like Lugo alot the more im reading and seeing . We shall see

Alcantara is probably going to be a better major leaguer than Lugo. Lugo absolutely cannot take a walk. Wait...just the right player for this team ideology. Swing first....then strikeout.

Eric Karabell
ESPN Senior Writer
New Diamondbacks outfielder J.D. Martinez is already a top-10 fantasy outfielder and owned in all leagues but should see an uptick in production with the change in ballparks and a better lineup. There really aren't others fantasy-relevant seeing a change in value. Arizona didn't have much in left field. Yasmany Tomas owners can move on. Detroit doesn't have someone enticing ready to take the open outfield spot now.
The prospects traded aren't big names.

Keith Law
ESPN Senior Writer
This seems like a very light return for JD Martinez even as a rental; I don't think Arizona gave up any of their top ten prospects in the deal, but they got a player who's probably worth two wins to them the rest of the season.

Alcantara is probably going to be a better major leaguer than Lugo. Lugo absolutely cannot take a walk. Wait...just the right player for this team ideology. Swing first....then strikeout.

Of course you cherry pick the one stat thats a somewhat negative lol ...so typical

Fuck Al Avila. This team is going nowhere for a decade. Time to bear down and brace for some 90+ loss seasons the next few years, break out the eric Munson jersey to reminisce on that magical 2003 team

Last edited:
You know what's crazy is listening to JD's reaction to the trade and making mention Detroit is his home and always will be I wouldn't rule out him making a return at a hometown discount.

Although I personally believe they would have to be able to move Upton's contract beforehand but you never know. Don't think I have ever seen a player as visably upset as JD was today.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/7/18/15994250/jd-martinez-trade-reactions-tigers-diamondbacks
Poll: What do you think of the J.D. Martinez trade?
Please weigh in after Martinez was traded for three prospects.
BYBTB

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/07/jd_martinez_trade_national_rea.html#incart_river_index
National media reaction to J.D. Martinez trade, what Tigers got in return.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...hrilled-tigers-return-j-d-martinez/490382001/
Fans, analysts not thrilled with Detroit Tigers' return for J.D. Martinez.
Freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...e-heralds-tigers-regretful-rebuild/103816598/
J.D. Martinez trade heralds Tigers? regretful rebuild.
Detnews

Back