Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hanrahan re-signed for 1yr @ $1MM...

kingofdetroit57

Hard to complain about a cheap 1yr deal for a guy who had tons of past success. Hopefully DD catches lightning in a bottle here.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/tigers-to-re-sign-joel-hanrahan.html

Tigers To Re-Sign Joel Hanrahan
By Steve Adams [November 14, 2014 at 11:00am CST]
The Tigers have agreed to re-signed right-hander Joel Hanrahan to a one-year, $1MM Major League contract with an additional $2.5MM available via incentives, reports Bob Nightengale of USA Today (Twitter link).

Hard to complain about a cheap 1yr deal for a guy who had tons of past success. Hopefully DD catches lightning in a bottle here.

I've been hoping the same thing. Glad he wasn't rushed into things last year.

In related wishing, wonder how Rondon is coming along?

The good old "Art of Potential " is just a thing of genius that all ages used coming off a injury...

Let's wait 3 years before we know if he can still pitch. In the mean time, let's pay him $1 Mil a year until then. It's cheap and we know he pitched well in the past.

When I get around to inventing the way back machine. I'm a going to tell my younger self to work on my screw ball pitch a whole bunch more. Heck even at 59 I should start throwing with the money the Tiger throw around!

Really this like a bush bean dog saying when pigs fly Hanrahan will pitch. Man the money this team spends on players that do not pan out for them is like water running under bridge.

At least the deal is a minor league deal this year.

Ultimately, DET paid him $1 Mil last year and another $200k this year without him being 100% healthy. But hey, at least it is a minor league deal!

At this point I have to wonder if they bothered to give him another exam before signing him again.

Back