Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Green to Tigers Ray To Diamonds Backs

IMG_20141205_173005.jpg

That's fucking great!!

The Fister trade was IMO the worst trade DD has ever made. From what we seen of Ray last year Greene is an upgrade.

The 1.39 whip is scarey from Greene. But it looks like the guy throws strikes.

Jesus, this shit again

As to the actual topic. I like the deal. I've checked out a few articles about him and sounds like he could be a solid starter for us. Fairly young and under team control for awhile.

Could be, but then again people said the same thing about Ray.

As is stand now I think Lobstien has the best chance at #5 right now.

Only if we trade another starter and don't sign one to replace him. Greene is almost certainly going to be the #5.

I like it, Greene completely owned our asses last year can't beat em trade for him

Lol

I like it, Greene completely owned our asses last year can't beat em trade for him

Lol

maybe we should trade for all the pitchers that pwned us last year. Wed have a pen full of junk ball throwers that top out at 88 mph. Bruce Chen would be our #1.

Greene throws well low in the zone, and that's a commodity. Lebya projects as a better bat than Gegorious and may not be any worse with the leather either.

D-Backs and Tigers both did very well in this deal, Yankees just baffle me with this one. Gregorious posted a -7 WAR last season, and his glove doesn't make up for it, He's a plus defender, but he's no Andrelton Simmons.

Above average glove with a huge hole in the club head of the bat doesn't make for a Jeter replacement.

Greene throws well low in the zone, and that's a commodity. Lebya projects as a better bat than Gegorious and may not be any worse with the leather either.

D-Backs and Tigers both did very well in this deal, Yankees just baffle me with this one. Gregorious posted a -7 WAR last season, and his glove doesn't make up for it, He's a plus defender, but he's no Andrelton Simmons.

Above average glove with a huge hole in the club head of the bat doesn't make for a Jeter replacement.

speaks to a shitty SS market?

maybe we should trade for all the pitchers that pwned us last year. Wed have a pen full of junk ball throwers that top out at 88 mph. Bruce Chen would be our #1.

I think ol' bruce retired finally. Or at least I don't think anyone picked him up after KC cut him last sep..he never owned us though really, miggy will miss him,,miggy torn him up big time over the years

Where did you get the -7 WAR?

Fangraphs = 0.3

Baseball Reference = 1.1

His offense projects to average to slightly above average. He will not be a Derek Jeter, but isn't going to be Rey Ordonez neither.

Last edited:

Chen last 3 years VS DET

2-6 4.78 ERA 1.46 WHIP .316 OPP BAVG

Chen last 3 years VS DET

2-6 4.78 ERA 1.46 WHIP .316 OPP BAVG

Yeah, for all the games that he might have went 5-7 innings and gave up 1 or 2 runs I seem to remember we had just as many where we tagged him for 6 in 4 innings.

Where did you get the -7 WAR?

Fangraphs = 0.3

Baseball Reference = 1.1

Is offense projects to average to slightly above average. He will not be a Derek Jeter, but isn't going to be Rey Ordonez neither.

I see .9 on O and .6 on D last season on BR.

Edit: But then I see total at 1.1. It must be new math..

Last edited:
Back