Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

V-Mart named finalist for the AL MVP

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Last edited:
I think he has a good chance. Though some will snub him because he's a DH..

I would be one that would snub him. A DH would have to be all world IMO to win the MVP...VMart was not all world.

What I meant is not getting a vote. Finalists should always get votes..those snubs, vote him 3 then throughout. If you have a vote use it..Also, no one else is a all world.

Last edited:
What I meant is not getting a vote. Finalists should always get votes..those snubs, vote him 3 then throughout. If you have a vote use it..

oh...I get it. I would definitely give him a top 5 vote..probably 3rd or 4th.

I would be one that would snub him. A DH would have to be all world IMO to win the MVP...VMart was not all world.

So what he's a DH? The MVP is an offensive award, and always has been.

The majority of people who win it win it based on their batting numbers alone, Vmart should be judged no different.

Keith Law would argue that, but this year he will probably get his wish and die of an orgasmic overdose as Trout gets the award. His poor family will be left to clean up the mess.

So what he's a DH? The MVP is an offensive award, and always has been.

The majority of people who win it win it based on their batting numbers alone, Vmart should be judged no different.

Keith Law would argue that, but this year he will probably get his wish and die of an orgasmic overdose as Trout gets the award. His poor family will be left to clean up the mess.

It has been an offensive award...but almost all of the winners at least played in the field as well...some good and some bad. A DH just sits there most of the game. I didn't say a DH shouldn't win the award but I would not vote for a DH above an every day player if their offensive stats were similar. I think you have to take that into consideration.

Doesn't help Victors case either when he is rated as one of the worst baserunners in the league . Nor when he did play defense he rated as one of the worst at 1st base.

If he was in the plus side of those 2 categories he would have a shot to win as a DH.

Doesn't help Victors case either when he is rated as one of the worst baserunners in the league . Nor when he did play defense he rated as one of the worst at 1st base.

If he was in the plus side of those 2 categories he would have a shot to win as a DH.

Miggy won last year as a terrible defender and baserunner (injury related?) so that pretty much tells you how much defense and baserunning factor in to the award.

If defense and baserunning mattered at all, Mike Trout would be winning his 3rd MVP this year.

Miggy won last year as a terrible defender and baserunner (injury related?) so that pretty much tells you how much defense and baserunning factor in to the award.

If defense and baserunning mattered at all, Mike Trout would be winning his 3rd MVP this year.

Offensively, Miggy had significantly better numbers than Trout last year. 2012 I thought Trout should have won it.

Offensively, Miggy had significantly better numbers than Trout last year. 2012 I thought Trout should have won it.

But the voters didn't think so in 2012. It was a landslide..with all that defense.

Last edited:

My point is if a DH is ever going to win the award it would help his case if he wasnt a liability in those areas

you know it's going to that overrated fraud Trout.

you know it's going to that overrated fraud Trout.

Any last shred of credibility you had left, if any at all, is now gone with that statement.

Seriously. What the fuck.

you make the mistake of assuming I care what you or anyone else here thinks about me.

I stand by my post 100%.

Last edited:
Overrated, and a fraud.

The best overall player in all of baseball is overrated. Sure, why not.

Fraud, don't even know what that means.

It's one thing if you don't like the guy, or the team he plays for.... those things I'm guessing most could understand, or even thinking he's not as good of a hitter as guys like Cabrera or Stanton, and you would be right. But overrated and a fraud? Nope GTFO.

Back