Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scherzer has offer from yankees; signs with nationals now mets

yes but my point is that holding out for a long time doesn't always pay off

Very few hold out past the season's start date and of those how many are as good as Scherzer? So he'll sign..within 2 weeks I say.

It isn't just Scherzer, it is also Shields going unsigned.

Max had his chance when the Tigers' offered him $144 Mil. He blew it and the Tigers should just move on without him. If they do sign him, it needs to be for less than $144 Mil or else they will be the ones that blew it.

I don't see any scenario where Scherzer signs for any less than $25M per year....of course stranger things have happened!

I like Max a lot, but don't want him on a 7yr deal. At least if he goes to the Nats, he will be out of the AL.

Him, JV, and Miggy are going to old farts in a few years. Philly 2.0.

Tony Paul still thinks we are the "mystery team" and is speculating 7yrs @ $170mil or more.
On the one hand, I despise Paul and think he's a fucking terrible hack. On the other hand, he also has decent sources, so now I'm scared we might sign him.

I am still waiting for the players to be named later in the Fister deal DD :/

Nat's will have one hell of a rotation if its true...

Last edited:
Back