Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Torii to Twins

I doubt rangers, orioles, or royals offered anything close to that

Why all the hate on torri? I liked him, thank you Torri for the two years in the D, makes sense for him to go back and retire a twin, the zone expansion from time to time drove me nuts but I will never forget the Boston wall dive and how much that made me dislike the red suxs when that porky guy just stood there with his hands up instead of going to see if he was ok...all the best Torri...excepct when you play the Tigers you are free to stank it up againts the Tigers in 2015

Last edited:
Because at this point in his career, he's a shitty player and he's an even more shitty human being. His press conference was fun today, calling one of the beat writers a prick repeatedly and saying sabermetrics is all bullshit and that his defense is good because the only OF metric that matters is the eye.

Hunter can fuck right off forever as far as I'm concerned.

Because at this point in his career, he's a shitty player and he's an even more shitty human being. His press conference was fun today, calling one of the beat writers a prick repeatedly and saying sabermetrics is all bullshit and that his defense is good because the only OF metric that matters is the eye.

Hunter can fuck right off forever as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't see the press conference, did he really call someone a prick, doesn't sound like something he'd say that would be funny if he did though

Thanks Thumb...

The reporter then directly asked Hunter about an article on the sports website Deadspin concerning the athlete’s stance on gay marriage, and if he was going to address the matter going forward.
“Nothing to talk about,” Hunter said. “You already know, so why keep talking about it? I said it. It is what it is. So, no, I’m not going to talk about it if you bring it up. It’s not even baseball related. You can do that later, when I retire, then I’ll tell you everything.”
A few seconds later, Hunter turned his attention back to the reporter.
“Hey, Mike is kind of a prick, huh? No, seriously. You’re a prick, man. I don’t even know you. You’re a prick, seriously,” Hunter said. “Ain’t nothing wrong with that, man, that’s your job. He’s definitely a prick, though.”
One more question was asked before the conference ended. Before leaving, Hunter pointed to the reporter and said he ruined the press conference

The fuckin' ass hole reporter is a prick. What the fuck does what Torii Hunter thinks or doesn't think about gay marriage have to do with what today was about?

Monster, in his infinite wisdom, set up a political and religious board, so as all of us could separate our political and religious beliefs from our sports beliefs.

Unfortunately, Torii Hunter didn't have that luxury; some mother fucking prick at a sports press conference brought politics into what should have simply been a sports story.

Shame on that mother fucking prick.

Thanks Thumb...

The reporter then directly asked Hunter about an article on the sports website Deadspin concerning the athlete?s stance on gay marriage, and if he was going to address the matter going forward.
?Nothing to talk about,? Hunter said. ?You already know, so why keep talking about it? I said it. It is what it is. So, no, I?m not going to talk about it if you bring it up. It?s not even baseball related. You can do that later, when I retire, then I?ll tell you everything.?
A few seconds later, Hunter turned his attention back to the reporter.
?Hey, Mike is kind of a prick, huh? No, seriously. You?re a prick, man. I don?t even know you. You?re a prick, seriously,? Hunter said. ?Ain?t nothing wrong with that, man, that?s your job. He?s definitely a prick, though.?
One more question was asked before the conference ended. Before leaving, Hunter pointed to the reporter and said he ruined the press conference

The fuckin' ass hole reporter is a prick. What the fuck does what Torii Hunter thinks or doesn't think about gay marriage have to do with what today was about?

Monster, in his infinite wisdom, set up a political and religious board, so as all of us could separate our political and religious beliefs from our sports beliefs.

Unfortunately, Torii Hunter didn't have that luxury; some mother fucking prick at a sports press conference brought politics into what should have simply been a sports story.

Shame on that mother fucking prick.

He's a reporter, it's his job to ask questions. Not everyone like the questions being asked, but it happens anyways, and nothing wrong with it. It's pretty easy to say "no comment".

And the reporter made a good point, did Hunters comments affect his free agency, it's very possible some teams avoided him because they were worried it might become a P.R. mess.

I don't find the reporter was a prick at all. If it was Michael Vick up there someone would have asked about dogfighting, if it was Ray Rice he'd get asked about domestic abuse, Adrian Peterson about child abuse, Muhammad Ali about Vietnam, and so on.

Maybe the reporter should ask about his views on religion or gun control? Or birth control for that matter. The reporter is a prick just trying to cause trouble. He already knew Hunter stance on it so why ask the question?

Mike Vick is the one who killed dogs. Who else kills dogs? I'm sure many athletes are against gay marriages, total different subject. Why Hunter and not anyone else?

He's a reporter, it's his job to ask questions. Not everyone like the questions being asked, but it happens anyways, and nothing wrong with it. It's pretty easy to say "no comment".

And the reporter made a good point, did Hunters comments affect his free agency, it's very possible some teams avoided him because they were worried it might become a P.R. mess.

I don't find the reporter was a prick at all. If it was Michael Vick up there someone would have asked about dogfighting, if it was Ray Rice he'd get asked about domestic abuse, Adrian Peterson about child abuse, Muhammad Ali about Vietnam, and so on.

Well, and I guess Hunter did say something in some online magazine interview...but...the press conference was about Hunter going back to the Twins.

Why didn't every reporter there ask Hunter the same question? They had all known of the online magazine interview.

I didn't realize that the reporter asked him if his stance had affected his value in free agency. It was a stupid question; the answer is obviously no, it was irrelevant.

Vick and Rice and Muhammad Ali, their situations in the context of what you connect them to are of a much broader scope.

Reasonable people can disagree. I say the reporter is a prick.

It's a legitimate question, nothing wrong with what the reporter did. So now if melky Cabrera gets signed and a reporter asks him about if he thinks biogenisis affected his free ageny is that a stupid question as well?

In this case I think Torii was fine with his response. Some of these reporters are just assholes.

Last edited:
It takes a jerk to call someone else a jerk.

All he had to do was go to the next question/reporter.

10.5 Million ? I am glad he didn't resign with Detroit. Hunter seems more like a 4.5 million per season player.

Maybe the reporter should ask about his views on religion or gun control? Or birth control for that matter. The reporter is a prick just trying to cause trouble. He already knew Hunter stance on it so why ask the question?

Mike Vick is the one who killed dogs. Who else kills dogs? I'm sure many athletes are against gay marriages, total different subject. Why Hunter and not anyone else?

You don't know the root of the whole thing that is why you don't understand.

It's not just as simple as his stance on the political subject, why don't you and your buddy google do some work again and get to the bottom of it.

This part is response to Tinsel since I'm too busy to make a separate post/quote: You say it obviously did not affect his free agency, I think it did. While he got the money he wanted (grossly overpaid too IMO) I'm sure some teams did not even consider him at all. and again, this goes deeper than just his backing of Hutchinson for Governor of Arkansas.

You don't know the root of the whole thing that is why you don't understand.

It's not just as simple as his stance on the political subject, why don't you and your buddy google do some work again and get to the bottom of it.

This part is response to Tinsel since I'm too busy to make a separate post/quote: You say it obviously did not affect his free agency, I think it did. While he got the money he wanted (grossly overpaid too IMO) I'm sure some teams did not even consider him at all. and again, this goes deeper than just his backing of Hutchinson for Governor of Arkansas.

I think teams didn't consider him at all is because he is a washed up RF that is a liability...not because he is against gay marriage. If he were a 28 year old gold glove OF that hit .300 and 25 HRs teams would be lining up to sign him!

Back