Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Off Season Grades - Jim Bowden

Very true , after all our owner has proven he wont dish out big loot to anyone. Solid point

Retarded reasoning.

Illitch has spent big before on a few guys, so obviously he has no limit right?

Well then, why didn't we get in on Choo last year? Or Elsbury, or Beltran? In fact the only free agents we signed last year were Nathan, Davis, and Chamberlain. (oh and Coke LOL) But I'm sure it was nothing to do with money, after all we have an owner who is not afraid to just spend it all away.

people bitch when we don't overspend to get an average player like choo. But then bitch when we aquire a cespedes. Ill just never get it....

Oh thats right , everybody that is a free agent just automatically will come to detroit . Duh , wheres my head !! Besides , we are talking about Max and if he wants him , he will get him . It doesnt appear we are gonna go after him anyway so its a moot point . My scenario is what I wanted , as a fan who doesnt have to pay these players , as a fan who wants the best players on my team . Signing Max and then trading Price for a elite player would be ideal .

The Tigers have shown a great reluctance to go over the luxury tax threshold, which is why the budget is so tight: theyre about to bump up to it.

people bitch when we don't overspend to get an average player like choo. But then bitch when we aquire a cespedes. Ill just never get it....

They bitch about long term contracts then bitch when we trade a guy who is "only 26". You can't have it both ways. Sign Porcello for 7 years 150 million or trade him for a more pressing need. The more that I think about this trade the more I like it.

They bitch about long term contracts then bitch when we trade a guy who is "only 26". You can't have it both ways. Sign Porcello for 7 years 150 million or trade him for a more pressing need. The more that I think about this trade the more I like it.

I think it's more about the long term contracts when someone is 30+. And if you think Porcello will get 7x150 you're crazy.

I think it's more about the long term contracts when someone is 30+. And if you think Porcello will get 7x150 you're crazy.

I didn't put much thought into the number. But a homer bailey 6X105 is probably in the ball park.

I didn't put much thought into the number. But a homer bailey 6X105 is probably in the ball park.

But he is only 25 going on 26. It's those big deals when someone is 30 that go until 37-38-40. It shows that most of those don't look good at the end..

I still think he's probably more like 6x75-80. Unless he has a huge year in '15.

I think Porcello most likely gets a similar contract to Sanchez. 5 years with a team option/buyout. Probably in the 12-16 per range depending on how 2015 goes for him.

Back