Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No London Game Next Year

back to 8 road games then. Was nice to have only 7 real road games and 1 neutral site game.

I liked the guaranteed mid season bye too and the 930 AM starts on national tv

So that is the NFL's plans to kill two birds with one stone... move the Washington Redskins to London.

They get a team in London the way they want... AND... no in in England cares about the use of the term "Redskins" because there ARE no indigenous people there.

Brilliant.

So that is the NFL's plans to kill two birds with one stone... move the Washington Redskins to London.

They get a team in London the way they want... AND... no in in England cares about the use of the term "Redskins" because there ARE no indigenous people there.

Brilliant.

IDK, ink...the Brits likely have a negative feeling toward Redskins due to:

1. The French and Indian War
2. Redskin potatoes would potentially result in a logo of a potato with red hair on it, mocking the people of Ireland...which only serves to rekindle past hatreds and potential for bloodshed.

Yeah, moving the Redskins to London I think still forces a name change for the team. Nobody seems to like the term.

I loved this for the Lions, get the loss out of the way early so I can go on and have a good afternoon.

Always hated that game and any team going to London in general. The NFL makes it seem like they care about American football. They just don't have anything else to do and another excuse to drink.

OH I know - they could change the name from Redskins to Dot Heads; keeping the racial perjorative intact at the same time making it more locally applicable.

Back