Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avila signs with White Sox

Very quietly the catching market is drying up quick. Down to Navarro, Bryan Pena, and Carlos Corporan. Or the tigers will have to trade for one

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Very quietly the catching market is drying up quick. Down to Navarro, Bryan Pena, and Carlos Corporan. Or the tigers will have to trade for one

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There was never a market to begin with. Nobody worth a damn. Avila was probably the best bet due to his low salary and LH bat. Now it is going to be a trade or stuck with McCann & some other P.O.S.

Yep, good riddance to this terrible player.

Avila is like 5 times better than McCann. "But Mitch he doesn't bat .280." Lol. He adds so much more than McCant.

Talk about great value. Too bad it is with a division rival.

He immediately projects to platoon with Tyler Flowers and it will be a great platoon. Watch their pitchers take a giant step in 2016 and the pitching coach get the credit.

Alice Avila is one of the worst players in the league, absolute dogshit baseball player and good riddance. He's absolutely terrible at EVERY facet of the game.

Alice Avila is one of the worst players in the league, absolute dogshit baseball player and good riddance. He's absolutely terrible at EVERY facet of the game.

Learn baseball, please. Have a nice day.

Learn baseball, please. Have a nice day.

That's the funny thing is you don't need to even know anything about baseball, just watch him play and that's all the proof you need. He's atrocious.

That's the funny thing is you don't need to even know anything about baseball, just watch him play and that's all the proof you need. He's atrocious.

trailer-park-boys-bubbles.jpg

Screw you stat nerds! The eyeball test is all I need!!

This is EXACTLY how i knew this thread would be

Yep, everyone is true to form.

imo, he's ok and not ok. Catchers era is better with him compared to McCann, but since that one year he was an all-star, he can't hit his weight. He runs like he has a load in his pants, and the knees and concussions imo have taken a toll on his abilities. I think they had to make a change for these reasons and they couldn't give him even that amount as I think they are moving forward with a shoe string budget, ie. the second tier players they have signed and will later next month at the Winter Meetings. I just hope he does lousy vs. the Tigers and ok vs. the rest of the league.

Last edited:
I just wish the guy health. I don't care how bad you think he is, I don't wish the punishment he's been through on anyone (and I'm not talking about the slow deterioration of the Tigers).

Back