Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lightning 5 Red Wings 1 Final Game # 2

There you go. The NHL's highest scoring team, blowing the crap out of the Red Wings by the 2nd period. Because the Red Wings have no defense.

I had recorded it but figured I should check the score before investing the time. Yeah, that's one game that is going to be accessed solely for the purpose of deleting it and clearing the space from the DVR.

Based on the first two games, my optimism about the Wings winning a round is all but shot. Even at 1-1, the series has been all Tampa. The defense in game 2 was downright horrendous - nobody stopping long passes into the zone, nobody slowing down skaters, and often defenders being so far out of position I have to wonder if they were even trying.

Here's to hoping the Wings can turn things around at home.

Well to be fair i was out... But hey normally I have 85% of the posts LOL
Sadly our board has trouble attracting new posters who would much rather comment on MLive and or
ESPN during the game..

Last edited:
Sadly out board has trouble attracting new posters who would much rather comment on MLive and or
ESPN during the game..

lol...I have seen some threads where you have 10-15 posts in a row with nobody else posting. At least you don't get in an argument with yourself!

I just they would play quicker. Saturday to Tuesday is too long. I think they'd attract more people to the sport if they didn't play until June.

Sadly our board has trouble attracting new posters who would much rather comment on MLive and or
ESPN during the game..

Yup, Mlive gets over 2,000 comments during games, then you have ESPN, Let's Go Wings, HFBoards, NHL.com Red Wings boards etc. The majority of the fanbase here is Lions, UofM and Tigers fans. I usually frequent the other sites during the games, sometimes throw in a comment here and there. tomdalton has a clear vendetta against hockey and likes to throw in snide comments about it. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Back