Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees @ Tigers Game #13

I know this wasn't the same situation at all but it always amazes me the amount of people sitting in the death zones down the 3rd base line just staring at their phones and not paying attention..

I never understand why people come to games just to look at their phone..

I know this wasn't the same situation at all but it always amazes me the amount of people sitting in the death zones down the 3rd base line just staring at their phones and not paying attention..

Yup.. that is why I always bring my glove.. Just for that reason.

Plus you may get Vance Wilson to throw you a be-bee and then get to tell your
wife "See that is why you bring a glove" My kids were in awe at 10-8 years old.
and next year a Ranger coach throw me a long dart into the left field stands.
Both those happened on 2005 and 2006.. Good times..

Yup.. that is why I always bring my glove.. Just for that reason.

Plus you may get Vance Wilson to throw you a be-bee and then get to tell your
wife "See that is why you bring a glove" My kids were in awe at 10-8 years old.
and next year a Ranger coach throw me a long dart into the left field stands.
Both those happened on 2005 and 2006.. Good times..

49 years old and I never got a ball. Closest I came was in batting practice, 1984. Sitting at my feet and this 8 year old was Iggy quick and got it. I just want a ball.

Every game I go to, I see the people behind the net all talking. A few girls are always turned in their seats, too.

49 years old and I never got a ball. Closest I came was in batting practice, 1984. Sitting at my feet and this 8 year old was Iggy quick and got it. I just want a ball.

Well Mitch I have to say i worked it a bit... My wife was yapping to me how she had to carry all the kids gloves and why did you have to bring them And i went on and on about how its tradition with my kids little at the time lapping it up..

15 minutes before the game Vance Wilson and Nook Logan were playing catch.. Nook to off and Vance was standing there holding the ball.

' i yell "VANCE" AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS hold my glove up..and i was about 5-10 rows up down a tad from the dugout and he throws it to me..

Next year I just held the glove up in left field and the ranger coach threw it to me. But it was a long toss. Vance threw me a heater..

Last edited:
Well Mitch I have to say i worked it a bit... My wife was yapping to me how she had to carry all the kids gloves and why did you have to bring them And i went on and on about how its tradition with my kids little at the time lapping it up..

15 minutes before the game Vance Wilson and Nook Logan were playing catch.. Nook to off and Vance was standing there holding the ball.

' i yell "VANCE" AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS hold my glove up..and i was about 5-10 rows up down a tad from the dugout and he throws it to me..

Next year I just held the glove up in left field and the ranger coach threw it to me. But it was a long toss. Vance threw me a heater..

I'll change my approach next time. Next year ST games maybe. Though I did get to meet Al Kaline several times so that's good.

The Tigers had seven hits tonight, but no extra base hits.
This was their first win with zero extra base hits since April 29, 2014.
They also won a game with zero extra base hits on April 20, 2014, beating the Los Angeles Angels 2-1.

I got a ball from Inge one time. He handed to me after a foul ball fly out.

Right as they show my hand, they go to Fu-te Ni or whatever that jap reliever we had was throwing in the BP...

It was a pretty exciting game for a 2-1 game where the Tigers didn't get a single extra base hit. McCann's bullet to throw out Ellsbury, Iggy's "Web Gem" to rob Gardner of a base hit; the double play turned by Kinsler & Iggy in the 5th and the DP to end the 8th.

Last edited:
Back