Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LeVert announcing tomorrow

UH oh, announcing an announcement day is never a good sign. Bright side, we get that extra scholarship

Yeah they said he was moving back up on the draft board

I wish he would stay

Like the song says, take the money and run. I don't blame these kids for getting paid sooner than later, never know if an injury will happen. Granted, they need to ensure they will get drafted first, but no sense in staying for the education when you can earn the degree while playing in pros or after their career if it was too shirt, they make enough to cover the tuition without issue...and private test takers...errr...tutors.

He's gone. I'm just basing that on every other one of our basketball players the past few years. They all leave early.

Zy, have to disagree with you. If he was going to be picked 15-20, and was safely in the 1st round then yeah, go. But he's all over the place. If he doesn't get picked in the 1st round (or real late in the 1st), he could end up going the way of GR3/Manny Harris and just riding benches until he lands in Europe.

DeathRoh will probably jump in here and go bonkers after I say this, but I'm not too concerned about him leaving.

He was a solid player, but I never got the sense he was much of a leader; and if all the younger players who saw significant PT this season experience the typical jump in ability we see from frosh year to sophomore year, I'm not too concerned about missing out on Levert's scoring ability. Plus now we can offer someone else the scholarship.

Well I think the problem with him is that he was asked to carry the burden this year, and that's not his style. He is more of a guy that plays well when others get him involved, not the other way around.

If he does come back, and Irvin takes the lead, I think LeVert will be just fine.

"Asked Monday to evaluate LeVert's NBA stock, NBA Eastern Conference scout speaking on the condition of anonymity told MLive that his franchise has LeVert slotted at 20-25 on its draft board.

That's a positive mark for LeVert, but only the opinion of one team. Additionally, the scout said there remains a chance LeVert could slip into the second round of the draft, citing lingering concerns over injuries and a year spent mostly off the court.

A representative from a Western Conference team, meanwhile, told MLive his team has LeVert valued as an early second-round pick."

oh, well, you know that's good too. I'm on board with his decision.

I think this is the most veteran team we'll have had since Novak and Douglass ran the court. Hopefully Spike doesn't miss any time, but if he does, I'm confident that Levert could run the point if needed. This team is super talented and if the sophomores take a leap from their freshman years, we could be a real player in the NCAA.

Interesting decision. I hope it works out for his benefit in the long run. I guess he didn't like his current draft position and understands if he puts together a great year his position will improve too. Or maybe after talking to some of the old teammates who went pro, he recognizes his game definitely needs to be improved before taking that next step. It's good for UM, I hope it turns out even better for him in the end.

If everyone can stay healthy, this is a super deep team. Beilein can run all sorts of combinations out there.

I'm not too concerned about missing out on Levert's scoring ability...

What about his team leading (at time of injury) rebounding, assist, and steal ability? Dumbass..

I do agree that he's not a natural leader and not a perfect player, but shit....he can fill a lot of holes. Now that Beilein has gotten such a good look at last year's freshmen I can't wait to see what he puts together for next year. Throw in a lights out shooter in Robinson and hopefully a PF with height and good ball skills in Moritz, and he should have all the pieces he needs.

Quinn reporting JB saying room for one more on roster

So is Hatch going to medical?

So weird. I was just about to post that.

Following Tuesday's announcement by LeVert, Troy Manns, Williams' coach at LC Bird High School coach in Richmond, told MLive that LeVert's return does not impact Williams' interest in Michigan.

"No, not at all," he said.

Asked if Michigan told Williams it still would have space for him if LeVert remaining a Wolverine, Manns answered, simply, "Yes."

If we somehow still get Brown...the minutes on this team are going to be much lower than before. Imagine...

Walton/Spike - Jr/Sr
Levert/MAAR - Sr/So
Brown/Dawkins/Robinson 5*FR/SO/RS-SO
Irvin/Chatman/Wilson JR/SO/RS FR
Doyle/Donnal/ - SO/RS SO

I think Wagner may redshirt, but that might depend on Chatman and Wilson. If they both make a leap forward, I believe Wagner will not have minutes. Either way, this team could be really good.

Even without Brown, that team is stacked. But with him...whew...Final 4 or bust.

Back