Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OK, now what...

djcox2112

OK, everyone has vented... The Birds will have to prove they can play in a REAL ballpark for the next two games... For fuck's sake, this park is worse than NY... Every fly ball with solid contact went out. Yes our bullpen sucks, it has all year... Really no surprise, just not this bad...

So as a true Tig's fan, I'm not going to bitch, but hopefully explain how we turn this around...

Price will go 8 and shut down their offense... We'll score a couple and win game 3. Ricky after having days to get rest, has a good showing and our offense shows up big time. Don't forget that they will also have to pitch their #4... Makes a HUGE difference in our ballpark. Just about everything hit square leaves that sandbox. I know that park is beautiful, but it is minor league in size. We saw that were the Tig's scored 5 runs in 10 pitches... Both Price and Ricky will pitch 8 strong and the Tig's will go back to Baltimore..

Game 5... This is crucial to Max and his free agency... His next team will want to see if he can handle a game 7/5 mentality... Trust me, if he doesn't get this chance, I doubt he gets the Tig's offer of 144 million for 6 years... If he does get this chance, he will come thru... Max will be dominant learning from yesterday and shut them down...

Tigers in 5... BTW, this takes for granted that Joe is PERFECT for those 3 games in the 9th... After all, this is a huge fairytale so why not..

Trust me, if we make it to game 5, I think we win it...

Fire Ausmus, Lamont and Clark, and hire Gibby,Tramell, and Brookins.

Ask DD how those Cy Young's are paying off now! This team is so unbalanced. Yea should the starters go 8 then all could go as you say. But so far the fail/run pen has had to pitch too many innings. And perfect Joe hasn't seen an inning since when? Just how good will he be?

Now what? Price pitches a great game tomorrow, but we make a stupid out on the base paths, leave the bases loaded twice, but still head to the 9th with a 3-1 lead which Joe Nathan promptly gives up, their closer strikes out the side in the bottom of the 9th, Baltimore wins 4-3.

Yup, if we win tomorrow, Scherzer should pitch on 3 days rest. I know Sad Bossmus won't do it though.

Yup, if we win tomorrow, Scherzer should pitch on 3 days rest. I know Sad Bossmus won't do it though.

do you think we have a better chance of winning with

Scherzer on 3 days rest
verlander on 3 days rest

than

Porcello fully rested
Scherzer fully rested

that's not a cut and dry situation. it might be easier to argue scherzer on 3 vs porcello full when we just have to win 1 game but that's not the case.

you need to do what it takes to give you the best chance at two wins

Verlander on 3 days sounds a lot more terrifying (for us) than a fully rested Porcello.

do you think we have a better chance of winning with

Scherzer on 3 days rest
verlander on 3 days rest

than

Porcello fully rested
Scherzer fully rested

that's not a cut and dry situation. it might be easier to argue scherzer on 3 vs porcello full when we just have to win 1 game but that's not the case.

you need to do what it takes to give you the best chance at two wins
Seems to me if we were dead set on starting Porcello this series, he should have pitched game 2 in Baltimore. He's been a much better pitcher on the road this year and being a ground ball pitcher is key in that park. He's been pretty bad at Comerica.

Now what?

Well let's see, mow lawn, pay bills, work out, go for a run, goto the store pick up snacks, munch all night, goto bed

Now what?

Well let's see, mow lawn, pay bills, work out, go for a run, goto the store pick up snacks, munch all night, goto bed

Having little hope that the Tigers season will last much longer, and pretty much given up hope that Michigan football is going be any good, I'll probably binge watch television shows on Netflix.

Last edited:
Porcello cannot start an elimination game at home. But Dumb Ausmus will most surely hand him the ball and say "go get 'em."

Porcello cannot start an elimination game at home. But Dumb Ausmus will most surely hand him the ball and say "go get 'em."

I would skip Porcello. Put out Price, Scherzer, Verlander to win or lose. What is the point of saving our best? It is win or go home.

Having little hope that the Tigers season will last much longer, and pretty much given up hope that Michigan football is going be any good, I'll probably binge watch television shows on Netflix.

Fortunately for me I don't follow college sports much and could care less how Michigan or Michigan State does, gaawd could you just imagine if I did how much a train wreck i'd be over and above what I already am. LOL..

Now just need to get to that same place for the Lions and Tigers and then maybe finally focus on what's really important in life like raging against the machine!. working on it! almost there I think. I've watch 4 lion games so far this year and haven't once gotten too upset. If they lose tomorrow meh don't really care..that might be a good sign! The tigers have still been upsetting though for some reason just seem much more attached to the baseball team.. don't seem to quite be there yet with the Tigers.. but getting there! lawn done, time for the gym then 5k

out..

Last edited:
I would skip Porcello. Put out Price, Scherzer, Verlander to win or lose. What is the point of saving our best? It is win or go home.

Saving our best for last?!
Sanchez 4.50 era, Verlander 4.50 ERA, Porcello 1.42 era against Baltimore! Point is we have not been pitching our best according to regular season stats. Now we are going to start Price 5.40 ERA with Tampa a better D team than the Tigers. Who put this rotation together.

Throwing Scherzer or Verlander on short rest is probably far worse than Porcello. At worst you hook him early if thee is trouble and bring in Lobstien.

You do the same thing with Max (pull him early) and you ruin your #1's confidence.

hopefully we can just lose tomorrow so we don't have to make all these difficult pitching decisions lol

Dont worry, we probably will. Nathan will probably get in on the bullpen train wreck fun finally.

Back