Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tram is back as a Special Assistant to GM

Meh.

How many special assistants does DD need? I really wish he would focus on a staff that can help him scout and develop players/organizational philosophy better rather than just hand out token positions to guys like Leyland and Trammell in what are obviously only P.R. moves.

I wonder if anyone is going to ask DD on the record the specifics of Trammell's roles and responsibilities.

I wonder if anyone is going to ask DD on the record the specifics of Trammell's roles and responsibilities.

Might turn out to be the same job as Leyland's, whose rumored to be leaning towards working in the instant replay department at MLB.

Might turn out to be the same job as Leyland's, whose rumored to be leaning towards working in the instant replay department at MLB.

So it appears that Tram is weary or not capable of teaching players the game? Schade.

My guess is that this is a placeholder for Tram until Geno retires and Tram then takes over as bench coach. Tram and Ausmus are supposedly pretty tight being former teammates for a season and living near one another in San Diego now.

My guess is that this is a placeholder for Tram until Geno retires and Tram then takes over as bench coach. Tram and Ausmus are supposedly pretty tight being former teammates for a season and living near one another in San Diego now.

I'm in no way certain that Ausmus will be back next season.

I'm in no way certain that Ausmus will be back next season.

While I agree, this would have been the year to make a change if they were going to. It's not too often that the likes of Maddon and Gardenhire are sitting out there without a job. Not sure who would even be available next year, but maybe there is someone else of that level that become free.

That said, I sure hope that Ausmus doesn't give DD a reason to consider firing him after next year.

While I agree, this would have been the year to make a change if they were going to. It's not too often that the likes of Maddon and Gardenhire are sitting out there without a job. Not sure who would even be available next year, but maybe there is someone else of that level that become free.

That said, I sure hope that Ausmus doesn't give DD a reason to consider firing him after next year.

Imagine Maddon in a division with Ventura, Francona, Yost and a greenhorn. Apparently the Tigers couldn't.

This is wishful fan-thinking.

The Tigers had Trammell as a manager already, the idea that several years later they would bring him back as a bench coach is pretty far fetched.

This is wishful fan-thinking.

The Tigers had Trammell as a manager already, the idea that several years later they would bring him back as a bench coach is pretty far fetched.

Why is that far fetched? He's experienced as a manager and bench coach, our bench coach is likely to retire soon, he's tight with the manager, and he's back with the organization now. You'd think that I was trying to say he was an Illuminati member who was getting ready to steal the Old English D based on your response.

Tram coming back is a nice feel good move, won't equate to wins on the field though

Tram coming back is a nice feel good move, won't equate to wins on the field though

dPYWMET.gif

I just don't understand... Looks like DD is trying to save face I guess..

Back