Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles ALDS Game 2 October 3

biggunsbob

GO Tigers...

I see IK and hunter up to their typical first inning at bats followed by a Miggy single..

I Kinsler 2B
T Hunter RF
M Cabrera 1B
V Martinez DH
J Martinez LF
N Castellanos 3B
A Avila C
A Romine SS (WTF)
Davis CF (can hardly run)

Verlander.

N. Markakis
A De Aza LF
A Jones CF
N Cruz DH
S Pearce 1B
J Hardy SS
R Flaherty 3B
C Joseph C
J.Schoop 2B

Chen (soft tosser)

Last edited:
Easy inning for a soft tosser... Another poor at bats by all three of the out makers.. VM seeing only 1 pitch come on :/

How can Hunter be in the league that long and think anyone would throw him a strike on an 0-2 count? They know you will chase shit. So you think he'd know he's going to get a dirt ball and to just keep the bat on his shoulders for that pitch. smh

I'll of course watch all the post season games the Tigers play...but this is the least optimistic I've been since the Tigers first started making it to the post season in 2006, for the first time in a looooooung time...

I did some research last night, in the last 10 years there have been 40 LDS series played. Of the 40 series, the team that won game 1 of the series advanced to the LCS 80% of the time (32/40). So this is a must win today in my opinion.

I did some research last night, in the last 10 years there have been 40 LDS series played. Of the 40 series, the team that won game 1 of the series advanced to the LCS 80% of the time (32/40). So this is a must win today in my opinion.

During the Angels KC telecast last night, it was reported by someone on the broadcast team that the team that wins the first game in a best 3 of 5 series wins about 70% of the time.

Maybe they went back further than 10 years, or maybe they were counting further back than 10 years; or maybe they were going back to 1969, the first year of divisions (two per league), and in the early years the LCS was best 3 out of 5.

I love how tBS made sure they showed the replay/pitch location on that called 3rd strike on Cruz but show no replay on that Chen pitch on Romine that was about 6 inches off the plate.

I love how tBS made sure they showed the replay/pitch location on that called 3rd strike on Cruz but show no replay on that Chen pitch on Romine that was about 6 inches off the plate.

I'm not someone who complains about announcers but it definitely seems like the are semi-rooting for the Orioles these last 2 days.

During the Angels KC telecast last night, it was reported by someone on the broadcast team that the team that wins the first game in a best 3 of 5 series wins about 70% of the time.

Maybe they went back further than 10 years, or maybe they were counting further back than 10 years; or maybe they were going back to 1969, the first year of divisions (two per league), and in the early years the LCS was best 3 out of 5.

I like the 70% rate much better, doesn't make the first loss seem so gloomy as my stat does.

I too am extremely pessimistic this year, I've always said any team can win it and get hot when it matters, but I would be flat out shocked if this team wins the title.

No breaks...Everything is a struggle for the tigers..

I'm not someone who complains about announcers but it definitely seems like the are semi-rooting for the Orioles these last 2 days.

I can't speak on the announcers but i'm not surprised, i'm making the sacrifice listening to the game on the radio even though it's about 2 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.

Listening at work, I may have to watch on the Dish app on my iPad eventually, Berman is so annoying and I feel like I'm 70 listening on the radio.

Last edited:
2006 verses the Yankees..
Tigers lost game one and won the next three..

2011 Tigers lost game one verses the Yankees and won series 3-2.

Cant let that happen on a 0-2 count....

Get it off the damn plate.... Mistake by JV

Back