Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles ALDS Game 3 October 5

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career numbers against Norris)
Ian Kinsler, 2B (3-for-8, HR, 2 walks)
Torii Hunter, RF (3-for-12, 2 doubles, HR, 3 K?s)
Miguel Cabrera, 1B (3-for-12, 2 doubles, 3 K?s)
Victor Martinez, DH (4-for-12, double, HR)
J.D. Martinez, LF
Alex Avila, C (0-for-10, walk, 5 K?s)
Nick Castellanos, 3B (0-for-3, 2 K?s)
Andrew Romine, SS (0-for-3, K)
Don Kelly, CF (2-for-7, K)
P: David Price

ORIOLES (career numbers off Price)
Nick Markakis, RF (12-for-47, double, triple, 3 walks, 9 K?s)
Steve Pearce, 1B (4-for-12, HR, 3 K?s)
Adam Jones, 1B (11-for-44, 3 doubles, walk, 11 K?s)
Nelson Cruz, DH (10-for-28, double, 3 HR, 2 walks, 5 K?s)
Delmon Young, LF (5-for-16, double, HR, 6 K?s)
J.J. Hardy, SS (12-for-36, 5 doubles, 3 walks, 10 K?s)
Nick Hundley, C
Ryan Flaherty, SS
Jonathan Schoop, 2B (1-for-2)
P: Bud Norris

In the end, the decision on Rajai Davis wasn?t whether he could play, but whether Brad Ausmus could count on him to play nine innings. Between Davis? Game 2 exit and the cool temperatures today, the answer was no.
?Raj was still a little sore,? Ausmus said, ?so with the cool weather, I think, rather than having him start the game and maybe have to pull him out, I would rather be able to use him later in the game maybe, especially with their left‑handed bullpen. So he?s available. He certainly could pinch‑hit, but he?s still feeling it a little bit.?
Also, Ausmus added, it didn?t hurt to get another left-handed bat in the lineup against Bud Norris, whose lefty-righty splits aren?t vast but enough to make a difference. Left-handed hitters batted .255 with a .753 OPS against Norris this season, compared with .226 and .659 from righties.
With lefty David Price on the mound, the Orioles are sitting Alejandro De Aza, who hits miserably against lefties. That earns Delmon Young another postseason start in left field at Comerica Park, a sight many Tigers fans will remember. O?s manager Buck Showalter, though, decided to take the risk.
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

Graph on wTBS shows the Tigers bullpen has blown dead goats since 2011...4 years running.
Lots of disappointed Tigers fans, not only in Detroit/Michigan and here, but across the nation.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_10_05_balmlb_detmlb_1&mode=classic
Gameday.

Win or another offseason of no Championship.

The one time this year I'm actually in favor of Don freakin' Kelly starting.

His bat is about the same as Carerra's, which is to say almost non-existent, but he plays at least average smart defense.

Things don't look very good for us right now, so our season is likely going to be decided on which David Price shows up today.

Things don't look very good for us right now, so our season is likely going to be decided on which David Price shows up today.

Tigers are on life support with ausmus' managing, the bullpen, not changing things up in the 8th/9th innings, the bench, dumbass baserunning, other things. Just seems impossible to overcome with 11 wins needed to Win it All.

Tiger's season is in there own hands. It's win or done. What a team DD put together. IMO someone in the pen needs to be ready even in the 1st inning. As Price is questionable against Baltimore.

Tigers are on life support with ausmus' managing, the bullpen, not changing things up in the 8th/9th innings, the bench, dumbass baserunning, other things. Just seems impossible to overcome with 11 wins needed to Win it All.

11 wins to win it all. Well today as good of a day to get the 1st one. Remember it takes 3 to win this round. So lets go out and start that run to 3 to get to the next round.

It ain't over 'til it's over dudes.

Hey, does that have a ring to it, or what?

Maybe I'll copy write it, just the same way shit hair copy writed "you're fired..."

Anibal Sanchez remains limited to two innings, Brad Ausmus not discussing bullpen availability.

And the replay is burned. Dumb time to use it.

looks like the Tigers have to beat the O's AND the umpires.

sweet.

Whatever happened to tie goes to the runner?

Or I guess the ball doesnt have to hit the back of the glove first just has to be in it

That's not a bad time to use it... It would have scored a run. I can't think of a more perfect time to use it.

He might have been safe. But really O's have a two game lead and from the EAST. And in 2nd inning over one run with two outs, just not going to happen.

Whatever happened to tie goes to the runner?

Or I guess the ball doesnt have to hit the back of the glove first just has to be in it

That is not, and never has been a rule. A runner is either safe or out, there are no ties.

And for the call to be overruled it has to be overwhelming evidence, it was a stupid play to review. Even it it passes, it's 2 out and Don Kelly due up, it's not like it would have been a man on for Miggy.

That is not, and never has been a rule. A runner is either safe or out, there are no ties.

And for the call to be overruled it has to be overwhelming evidence, it was a stupid play to review. Even it it passes, it's 2 out and Don Kelly due up, it's not like it would have been a man on for Miggy.

Oh ok didn't know that always thought tie went to the runner must just been The back yard rules I grew up with

That is a brilliant statistic they just reported.

Except for the more recent World Series winner, every team that has been in the post season since it's last World Series victory has lost every one of it's most recent playoff games.

These fucks are dumbasses...

Back