Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miggy has successful ankle surgery...

I thought he looked a lot better this year and last. He's never gonna be a slim guy, nor would we really want him to be since it'd probably zap his power. I certainly don't think he's anywhere near 50lbs overweight. Heck, even losing 20lbs would be a lot.

who knows what he's listed at but my guess is that he's around 270 or more

Tigers are paying him 270 million+ for the playoffs or his health? Yea I get it he has to be healthy to play. But for the money they are paying Cabrera, I think it's about the playoffs.

Sure, forget those 162 games from April to September. It's all about the 3-19 games in October. :ashamed:

who knows what he's listed at but my guess is that he's around 270 or more

He's not 270lbs. I've seen him in person many times, and only being about a year older than him, I'm definitely noticeably taller and heavier than him at 6'5" and 275lbs. Back when I was working out daily, eating right, etc., I was 240-250lbs at 6'5". He's listed at 6'4" and 240lbs, which is probably spot on. Most guys of that size will float within a 10lb range, so he may get as light as 235lbs at times, or as heavy as 245lbs.

He's inhuman. He out-performs 70% of the league even when he's hurt. I have nothing but confidence in his return.

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2018/08/11/the-long-journey-to-discovery/
THE LONG JOURNEY TO DISCOVERY.
Totally Tigers

Many fans thought about it. Wondered about it. And given the pattern and numerous examples over the years, came to believe in it.

And if you were looking for confirmation, you?ve come to the right place.

So what is it?

It?s the long-running hot topic about some of those who care for Tigers? players when it comes to keeping them healthy. They may not be doing their jobs as well as they could be.

And you?d have plenty of proof even if you only looked at the history since 2012.

You could even ask Justin Verlander because he did an extensive interview that called out the Tigers? staff for poor conditioning and ?misdiagnosing? him over a period of 3 years.

If you haven?t read it by now, the writer starts by describing JV?s ?scars? ? both physical and mental ? and his anger over that long journey to get healthy.

To understand the arduous, frustrating process, let?s explore the timeline and related information documented by both writer and JV in the article, sprinkled with a few bits of background information.

Back