Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

V-Mart named finalist for the AL MVP

He sounds like one of those wings fans that always say "I would never want that scrub Sidney Crosby on my team "

Miggy won last year as a terrible defender and baserunner (injury related?) so that pretty much tells you how much defense and baserunning factor in to the award.

If defense and baserunning mattered at all, Mike Trout would be winning his 3rd MVP this year.

Isn't that guy on Pittsburgh, the guy that won the NL MVP last season, as good all around as Trout?

You know the guy I'm talking about; that black guy with the dreadlocks.

He plays centerfield, I think...

He sounds like one of those wings fans that always say "I would never want that scrub Sidney Crosby on my team "

Hell no I wouldn't want Crosby on my team.

He's probably the most overrated player in pro sports. he's a stat padding joke that becomes a liability in the playoffs, is one of the biggest bitches i've ever seen. I would hate it if i had to root for that guy.

Overrated, and a fraud.

The best overall player in all of baseball is overrated. Sure, why not.

Fraud, don't even know what that means.

It's one thing if you don't like the guy, or the team he plays for.... those things I'm guessing most could understand, or even thinking he's not as good of a hitter as guys like Cabrera or Stanton, and you would be right. But overrated and a fraud? Nope GTFO.

the issue I have is that is he gets touted like the greatest thing in baseball we've ever seen and the reality is he's not the best at anything. not the best hitter, base stealer, defender, throwing arm etc. he gets probably one of the most generous strike zones i've ever seen from a player which inflates his stats. i see him constantly getting strikes called balls for him. and the fact that he plays in LA, the Angels really makes me dislike him even more. it annoys the shit out of me when players get marketed like that.

Hell no I wouldn't want Crosby on my team.

He's probably the most overrated player in pro sports. he's a stat padding joke that becomes a liability in the playoffs, is one of the biggest bitches i've ever seen. I would hate it if i had to root for that guy.
Hilarious, basically every player not in a Detroit uniform is overrated and sucks, gotcha.

the issue I have is that is he gets touted like the greatest thing in baseball we've ever seen and the reality is he's not the best at anything. not the best hitter, base stealer, defender, throwing arm etc. he gets probably one of the most generous strike zones i've ever seen from a player which inflates his stats. i see him constantly getting strikes called balls for him. and the fact that he plays in LA, the Angels really makes me dislike him even more. it annoys the shit out of me when players get marketed like that.
How many players have had a stat line that goes .300/.400/.550/.950 to go with 100 homers and a 100 steals before age 24? Who has put up similar stats regardless of age the last 3 years? Miggy is closest without the steals. A lot of the pub he gets is deserved

Hilarious, basically every player not in a Detroit uniform is overrated and sucks, gotcha.

Yeah, because thinking 2 players that I think are overrated means I think every non-Detroit player is overrated.

:nuts:

Btw, I would take Evgeni Malkin all day everyday over Crosby.

I don't want Trout to win but there's a lot more I don't want to see win but there's no question he's 1 hell of a ball player. I wish we were so lucky to draft him.

I hate the Angels and I hate Fish boy, but he's still the best overall player in the game right now. Miggy is better offensively no question, but Trout is almost as good while also being good defensively and on the basepaths.

however, i also despise everyone hanging off his balls all the fucking time, so i hope vmart or even brantley wins the MVP because fuck him.

Last edited:
I don't want Trout to win but there's a lot more I don't want to see win but there's no question he's 1 hell of a ball player. I wish we were so lucky to draft him.

Trout's going to win, and it's probably not going to be his only one.

That black dude with the dreads on the Pirates might win his second in a row, unless Kershaw snags it from him.

Racial inequality is still rampant in this country.

I'm sure he will win I just rather he not

Yeah but what aboot (I'm Canadian right now) that black guy?

You know, that black guy from Pittsburgh?

You know the guy that I'm talking aboot (still Canadian); that black guy with the dreadlocks who plays center field.

What aboot (I'm Canadian all week) him?

Yeah but what aboot (I'm Canadian right now) that black guy?

You know, that black guy from Pittsburgh?

You know the guy that I'm talking aboot (still Canadian); that black guy with the dreadlocks who plays center field.

What aboot (I'm Canadian all week) him?

If MVP was just an offensive award, absolutely McCutchen should win. But he sucks ass defensively as a CFer. Lucroy or Stanton should win if Kershaw doesn't.

If MVP was just an offensive award, absolutely McCutchen should win. But he sucks ass defensively as a CFer. Lucroy or Stanton should win if Kershaw doesn't.

So you're saying he doesn't have the same five holes as the five hole player on the CA Angels?

Just because you are not the best at one thing doesn't mean you aren't the best player. Put 9 Mike Trouts at the plate and in the field vs. 9 Miggys and the team of Trouts is going to win 8 out of 10 times. 9 trouts vs. 9 V-Marts and the Trouts are going to win every time.

Just because you are not the best at one thing doesn't mean you aren't the best player. Put 9 Mike Trouts at the plate and in the field vs. 9 Miggys and the team of Trouts is going to win 8 out of 10 times. 9 trouts vs. 9 V-Marts and the Trouts are going to win every time.

1st sentence is okay. Not sure I like the analogy. Different positions and all, its like saying Trout vs Lou Gehrig because LG is a 1B.

In fact I suspect Miggy would be better at all INF positions over Trout. Might not be graceful at 2B or SS but I doubt Trout would either..

In fact I suspect Miggy would be better at all INF positions over Trout. Might not be graceful at 2B or SS but I doubt Trout would either..

Trout was a SS and pitcher in High School. My guess is he would be as good as Miggy in the infield...probably better at SS and 2B because he can move.

Back