Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

V-Mart named finalist for the AL MVP

To hell with Trout and those that say he finished 2nd to Miggy the last 2 years give him the edge. I call bullshit on what he has done the last 2 years.what bothers me is he struck out 184 times last year, 13 most in Baseball history.

To hell with Trout and those that say he finished 2nd to Miggy the last 2 years give him the edge. I call bullshit on what he has done the last 2 years.what bothers me is he struck out 184 times last year, 13 most in Baseball history.

So what? A strikeout is an out, the same as a pop fly or a ground out.

Trout also walked 83 times, hit 36 HR's and had a very nice (albeit lower then his career) OBP, and lead the league in total bases.

Funny, when he was up against Miggy fans would say Trout didn't have the homeruns or rbi. Now that he does its that he strikes out too much

Last years Mike Trout was better than this years..no Miggy in his way though. But his defense isn't a big decider these days. It's always well he plays CENTER and does it well. Is he even average in the OF these days?

So what? A strikeout is an out, the same as a pop fly or a ground out.

Trout also walked 83 times, hit 36 HR's and had a very nice (albeit lower then his career) OBP, and lead the league in total bases.

idk about that Thumb. A strikeout doesn't move a runner over, unless he was stealing, hit and run. A fly, oppo field pop fly, or grounder gives more of a chance to advance a runner on base or score from third. That is alot of k's. Trout seems to becoming more power than speed, k's up, power up, steals down.

Even with the slow start, The homer in me says a Healthy Miggy with no bone spur or stress fracture might be going for a 3rd straight MVP.

idk about that Thumb. A strikeout doesn't move a runner over, unless he was stealing, hit and run. A fly, oppo field pop fly, or grounder gives more of a chance to advance a runner on base or score from third. That is alot of k's. Trout seems to becoming more power than speed, k's up, power up, steals down.

Even with the slow start, The homer in me says a Healthy Miggy with no bone spur or stress fracture might be going for a 3rd straight MVP.

I think he's become a better version of Granderson. Grandy at one point was doing it all then he became a power hitter. Average went down, didn't steal as much and defense took a nose dive..similar to Trout..

I think he's become a better version of Granderson. Grandy at one point was doing it all then he became a power hitter. Average went down, didn't steal as much and defense took a nose dive..similar to Trout..

My guess is he is bulking up. According to ESPN he is 6'2" and 230 lbs. LAA had him playing 149 games in CF this year. I know he is a great athlete but at that size he should probably be playing a corner. He is only 23....he will probably be at least 240 lbs by the time he hits his prime.

True, while he might have moved more runners with balls in play, he STILL led the AL in RBI.

But a ball in play can also be a GIDP or a FC as well.

If a player strikes out a ton and has Brandon Inge type numbers that's one thing, but Trout clearly put up enough offense to offset his K's, and by a wide margin too.

My guess is he is bulking up. According to ESPN he is 6'2" and 230 lbs. LAA had him playing 149 games in CF this year. I know he is a great athlete but at that size he should probably be playing a corner. He is only 23....he will probably be at least 240 lbs by the time he hits his prime.

Yep. But I always thought Grandy was a better when he was doing the hugh average 20 everything, good defense at one point to. Same might be said about Trout. Only been a year but if he hits .261 next season with 48 home runs and defense declines even more..he's Grandy 2.0.

Of course Trout's 2nd half was a mediocre so maybe he's already Grandy 2.0.

Yep. But I always thought Grandy was a better when he was doing the hugh average 20 everything, good defense at one point to. Same might be said about Trout. Only been a year but if he hits .261 next season with 48 home runs and defense declines even more..he's Grandy 2.0.

2006 was Granderson's first full season and he was 25 years old at that point (Trout is still ONLY 23). While with the Tigers Grandy hit .272/.344/.828 OPS, averaged about 23 HRs a year. I think he tried to hit HRs while in NY because of that short porch. His NYY numbers .245/.335/.829 OPS and averaged about 29 HRs a year. Trout's worst season is still better than Granderson's best season.

2006 was Granderson's first full season and he was 25 years old at that point (Trout is still ONLY 23). While with the Tigers Grandy hit .272/.344/.828 OPS, averaged about 23 HRs a year. I think he tried to hit HRs while in NY because of that short porch. His NYY numbers .245/.335/.829 OPS and averaged about 29 HRs a year. Trout's worst season is still better than Granderson's best season.

That's why I said a better version of Grandy. Regardless of the numbers, Grandy was a good CF who could do a lot of different things. Then he became one dimensional.

Last edited:
He also only hit .287 lowest to win the MVP in many many years. I'd go with V-Mart or Abreu before I took Fish.

That's why I said a better version of Grandy. Regardless of the numbers, Grandy was a good CF who could do a lot of different things. Then he became one dimensional.

oh...somehow I missed the better version part.

Nevertheless, Trout should probably be a corner OF in the near future.

He also only hit .287 lowest to win the MVP in many many years. I'd go with V-Mart or Abreu before I took Fish.

also lead the league in runs, RBI & extra base hits.

If I had a vote

1) Trout
2) Abreu
3) V-Mart
4) Brantley

exactly

Back