Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Lions better or worse

I think the Lions end up being 7-9 or 8-8 this season. The whole division's W-L this season will be between 6-10 and 10-6. I just think we end up beating on each other and all have 2-4 to 4-2 division records. Bears look a lot better this season to me. Like what John Fox is doing despite having Cutler.

I think the Lions won't be better than 3rd in their division. If that happens and the usual Arizona/Seattle are both good.. we won't get to the playoffs again. I suspect the playoff teams will be pretty much the same as last year.. dependent on who decides to take the North division.

Missing the playoffs would be a disappointment.

better.

come on, i'm not a fan of the lions, but they were 6-2 after they cleaned house last season... 1-7 before that.

better.

come on, i'm not a fan of the lions, but they were 6-2 after they cleaned house last season... 1-7 before that.

Analogy you would understand.. 1-7 vs Alabama, LSU and OSU type teams. 6-2, Rutgers and Maryland.

They just changed OC, that's not really cleaning house.

Analogy you would understand.. 1-7 vs Alabama, LSU and OSU type teams. 6-2, Rutgers and Maryland.

They just changed OC, that's not really cleaning house.

Do you live under a rock? They practically fired everyone in the front office..lol.

Do you live under a rock? They practically fired everyone in the front office..lol.

Not after 1 and 7. I thought that's what he meant. Edit: In-fact that's what he did mean..

Last edited:
I thought it was a apt analogy. Good thing our schedule outside the division is full of Rutgers from the way it looks now.

I thought it was a apt analogy. Good thing our schedule outside the division is full of Rutgers from the way it looks now.

Yes. They have to either pass Minny or GB to get to the playoffs. I think GB is more likely, Minny has a nice team.

Yes. They have to either pass Minny or GB to get to the playoffs. I think GB is more likely, Minny has a nice team.

GB with Rodgers always has a shot, and like SoCal said the Bears are on their way back. Division games are going to be huge.

PFF predicts 4-12, tied for worst in the NFC. Seems a bit harsh to me.

15. Detroit Lions (4-12)

"On offense, the Lions lost most of their highly-graded players. While some might consider 2015 a down year for Calvin Johnson, he still graded in the top-10 for wide receivers, at 89.4. The Lions also let running back Joique Bell and offensive linemen Manuel Ramirez leave. Ramirez had the highest grade among the Lions’ O-linemen in 2015. The defense should improve with the return of DeAndre Levy. His run-stop percentage of 14.1 led all 4-3 outside linebackers in 2014. They will miss retired cornerback Rashean Mathis, who only allowed seven touchdowns in his three years with the Lions. Detroit is a team that is now missing their star power, and they’ll hope new stars develop in their absence."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cardinals-own-top-spot-in-first-nfc-projections-of-2016/

Last edited:
PFF predicts 4-12, tied for worst in the NFC. Seems a bit harsh to me.

15. Detroit Lions (4-12)

"On offense, the Lions lost most of their highly-graded players. While some might consider 2015 a down year for Calvin Johnson, he still graded in the top-10 for wide receivers, at 89.4. The Lions also let running back Joique Bell and offensive linemen Manuel Ramirez leave. Ramirez had the highest grade among the Lions? O-linemen in 2015. The defense should improve with the return of DeAndre Levy. His run-stop percentage of 14.1 led all 4-3 outside linebackers in 2014. They will miss retired cornerback Rashean Mathis, who only allowed seven touchdowns in his three years with the Lions. Detroit is a team that is now missing their star power, and they?ll hope new stars develop in their absence."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cardinals-own-top-spot-in-first-nfc-projections-of-2016/

4-12 vs that cake schedule would be worse than the 0-16 year for me personally.

4-12 vs that cake schedule would be worse than the 0-16 year for me personally.

9-7 IMO. A lot of the games that looked like Detroit W, now look like a toss up to me. I just don't know what to expect from this team. We lose Slay, this secondary is absolute dogshit. That's the only obvious I see on defense. Offense will be solid IMO.

Last edited:
Back