Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Record

lonesometiger

Had too like April's 14-9. 5 0ver .500.
And May started out like a house a fire, got too 27-12. "15 games over .500"! Then the next 13 games started a nightmare going 4-9 and May ending with 17-12, season at 31-21 still 10 over .500.
June started of so bad most were in disbelief. First 0-4 then 2-7 , when it got to 5-11, not even the Fire truck was any help, heck the life boat was taking water! No one had any answers. Imho the only thing I could come up with somehow the others teams were getting our signs?
June 19 brought another turn around 9-2, with a seven in a row win run.ending June with 14-13 Season 45-34, 11 over.500. Hey April 5 over, May 10 over, June 11 over, forward progress.
July kept things going with the finish sweep of the A's and a win over the Rays before the hot Tampa team got three here in July. At 3-3 things were looking grim but two over LAD and THREE more over Division KC has the Tigers at the High water Mark of the season of SIXTEEN games over .500 And a Great chance of pushing it to 17., with this run of 5 in a row for 8-3 so far for July.
Tigers have had an up and sideway season should look at the end of month records. As they have winning records in them. A win today and we all can enjoy the All star Game to the Max. A Verlander Victory would cap a very interesting first half. A six game win streak into the AS with 4 over the Royals would send a message!.
At 53-37 things are looking ok with how the season has gone, 53 -38 would be good to lead the Central but 54-37 would be Great.
For the record they are doing what I had them at this point. 8-18 in April, almost jump out of my chair when they went 14-9. 16-13 in May Almost dead on there. 19-9 in June missed that by a far. The Toronto and KC series were busts! Turn those from 0-3's too 2-1's and were all happy! And I'm 18-9, so yea they burned me. 8-4 pre AS July got a chance at it.But would take 9-3! Tampa series had 3-1 so been off some. LAD 1-1 Over all 8+16+19+8=51-44 .Of course 4 postponements has been a factor. Could have help in fact with the pitching?
54-37 would be fine with me at this point and that's what I going with; a Tiger victory today.

The win last night gave us a new high water mark for our record at 16 games over .500. Sure, we could be better if not for that bad stretch, but Im gonna pretend it never happened haha.

They would need to win the next 30 games in a row to reach roughly the same winning percentage as 27-12. But it's really not a big deal right now, they're still comfortably leading the central and they're in the thick of things with the rest of the AL leaders. Now hopefully they don't shit the bed again for a month.

Even with Verlander pitching inconsistent 3 of the other 4 starters have helped pick up the slack.

Porcello seems to really like pitching for Ausmus. Plus all the innings limits are off. While I don't think he is Cy Young worthy, he is finally eating up some innings

Even with Verlander pitching inconsistent 3 of the other 4 starters have helped pick up the slack.

Porcello seems to really like pitching for Ausmus. Plus all the innings limits are off. While I don't think he is Cy Young worthy, he is finally eating up some innings

Cy Young worthy? Who gives a shit. Guy is pitching better this year than I ever thought he could. He's never going to win a Cy unless he gets an otherworldly win total.....like a 24-6 season.....because he doesn't have a great strikeout ratio.

But I'll take this Porcello ALL FUCKING DAY!!!

Cy Young worthy? Who gives a shit. Guy is pitching better this year than I ever thought he could. He's never going to win a Cy unless he gets an otherworldly win total.....like a 24-6 season.....because he doesn't have a great strikeout ratio.

But I'll take this Porcello ALL FUCKING DAY!!!

Hell yea I will too.

Really has nothing to do with Ausmus. Porcello started getting good last year after he scrapped his slider and went with the curveball. But the biggest difference is he's learned how to handle lefties, who used to hit him really hard, and now hit him less then righties do.

His strikeout rate is down a little this year from last, but he's been getting a lot more ground balls with has helped limit his pitch counts allowing him to go deeper into games. (at times)

Little Billy and I were talking. I told him Tigers are 53-38 good enough to lead the Central. But what about those 38. Little Billy wants too know. Were they lack of offence, bad pitching, starters, bullpen, closer?, Team failure, bad D!?.
In the AL teams have scored 3247 runs and average 95 games for a 4.27 runs per game. Tigers are getting 4.80 runs per game over average, have been giving 4.25 a little under both good. So 5 or more runs should win a game. Give up 5 or more = Pitching lost, falls on either starter or bull pen. Lets try to see between Offence and pitching for the most part for now Little Billy.

Tigers 1st lost 4-6 vs Oreo's 3-1=Offence Tigers did have the lead
Tigers 2nd L vs LAD 3-2 = Offence BP gave winning run in the 10th
Tigers 3rd L vs SD 6-0= Team/Pitching but no team will win without a run!
Tigers 4th L vs SD 5-1= Team/Pitching But few teams will win with one run!
3 NL loses not good not good says Little Billy.
Tigers 5th L vs Tribe 3-2 = OFFENCE
Tigers 6th L vs LAA 11-6 =Pitching, DS got the L, but BP Putkonen; failed!
Tigers 7th L vs CWS 3-1 = offence Tigers did have the lead in this one.
Tigers 8th L vs CWS 6-4 = FAIL pen
Tigers 9th L vs Minnie 5-3 PEN This was the game AS went down BP failed badly
Tigers 10th L vs Astro 6-2 pitching 2 runs not going to get it done either.
Tigers 11th L vs Minnie 2-1 offence
Tigers 12th L vs Minnie 4-3 offence
Tigers 13th L vs Tribe 5-4 Bull pen extra innings
Tigers 14th L vs tribe 6-2 Pitching/starter
Tigers 15th L vs Tribe 11-10 Pitching extra inning BP lose!
Little Billy asks will we ever beat the Tribe?
Tigers 16th L vs Tex 9-2 No pitching, offence, pen stamp this one on TEAM
Tigers 17th L vs Tex 12 -2 same o same o TEAM
Tigers 18th L vs tex 12-4 team enough all ready.
Little Billy said get them out of town!
Tigers 19th L vs A's 10-0 refer to lose #3
Little Billy asked are we still playing Texas!?
Tigers 20th L vs A's 3-1 Offence again.
Tigers 21st L vs Sea 3-2 offence
Tigers 22nd L vs Sea 4-0 refer to #3 Again
Little Billy asked are we ever going to score some RUNS again!?
Tigers 23th L vs TBJ 5-3 pitching/closer
Tigers 24th L vs TBJ 8-2 Pitching/starter
Tigers 25th L vs TBJ 7-3 Pitching/starter
Little Billy asked R we playing the Tribe again!? Boo whoo
Tigers 26th L vs Bosox 5-3 Pitching/closer
Tigers 27th L vs CWS 6-5 pitching/starter
Tigers 28th L vs CWS 8-2 pitching/starter
Tigers 29th L vs Minnie 2-0 Offence Little Billy says really
Tigers 30th L vs KC 11-8 pitching/starter
Tigers 31st L vs KC 11-4 pitching/starter
Tigers 32nd L vs KC 2-1 Offence Little Billy says not again
Little Billy added, and I though things were bad when Texas beat us!
Tigers 33rd L vs Astro 4-3 offence
Tigers 34th L vs Astro 6-4 pitching/starter
Little Billy says this DOG just does not give up! Bite some one else.
Tigers 35th L vs Rays 6-3 pitching/starter
Tigers 36th L vs Rays 7-2 pitching/starter
Tigers 37th L vs Rays 7-3 pitching/starter
Little Billy says the offence did not do anything either?
Tigers 38th L vs KC 5-2 Pitching/starter!
This is the way I see them little Billy so here how they add up.
OFFENCE= 12
STARTERS= 19 Little Billy says say it ain't so, all that money in those starters!
PEN= 5
CLOSER= 2
Half of the loses on the starters got to be of some concern there. 17-6 last 23 games 14-5 by the starters does show signs of improvement. Little Billy; think should our Starting pitching the strength of this team get it's act together. Y we could run away and hide, that would be great. I could stop worrying about all those 0-3 sweeps then.
Yes Little Billy and it's all starts Friday against the Cleveland team we need to show them what's what.

Back